usplash XBMC logos for lucid? where and when?
was just toying around with my XBMCbuntu lucid install and tried to finally get my beloved usplash screen, but it seems like in the PPAs there's no usplash love for lucid yet... Oo

anybody know another source?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
usplash has been replaced by plymouth in lucid. So far, I only could enable plymouth-theme-ubuntu-text (I believe), which only gives me a simple splash at start up but nothing during shutdown. Cheers!!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
If you use grub2 beta that is true. If you use legacy grub you can still use uspalsh in lucid (I assume).

the xbmc usplash have never been included in the standard ppa. It is only included in the live repository (they are not the same). I have pointed this out a few times but I guess there is a need for a specific live PPA that I dont understand.
vikjon0 Wrote:If you use grub2 beta that is true. If you use legacy grub you can still use uspalsh in lucid (I assume).
humm...... I'm not sure; this is my 3rd installation of Lucid and the very first time I went with legacy grub (or grub1) and still didn't get to work uspalsh. Maybe I didn't pay too much attention and looked into it but using uspalsh didn't seem to very straight forward. I may be well wrong though. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
I'm looking forward to a plymouth theme myself, for inclusion in next XBMC Live!
aaaaah that makes it clear to me, thanks pals!
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
The main problem is that plymouth require kms (kernel mode setting)to work at high resolution (only 640x480 trought fb without it) and nvidia driver doesn't support it. It works well only with intel driver.
[teaser] true, but there are workarounds... Wink
l.capriotti Wrote:[teaser] true, but there are workarounds... Wink
Will you be kind enough to point us to the right direction for this, please? cheers!!!
I was successful by blacklisting nouveau (lucid's nvidia drivers do it by themself IIRC), adding

Code:
video=vesafb

to kernel cmdline, and

Code:
GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x768
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep

in grub's config.

Of course boot is somehow graphically rough on transitions since kms is not available.
there's some srsly beautiful stuff possible with plymouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaSg2rRj4...r_embedded

ain't there no one here capable of doing some animated XBMC bootsplashs for plymouth?
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
l.capriotti Wrote:I was successful by blacklisting nouveau (lucid's nvidia drivers do it by themself IIRC), adding

Code:
video=vesafb
to kernel cmdline, and

Code:
GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x768
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
in grub's config.

Of course boot is somehow graphically rough on transitions since kms is not available.
I've done the same on my desktop.
Quote:GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
may break all the virtual terminal.

This way is a lot better:
sudo apt-get install v86d

modify /etc/default/grub
Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

to (use your res if not 1366x768)

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset video=uvesafb:mode_option=1366x768-24,mtrr=3,scroll=ywrap"
GRUB_GFXMODE=1366x768

add to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules:
Code:
uvesafb mode_option=1366x768-24 mtrr=3 scroll=ywrap

echo FRAMEBUFFER=y | sudo tee /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash
sudo update-grub
sudo update-initramfs -u

credits: http://ronin117.blogspot.com/2010/06/far...er_05.html
MacUsers Wrote:usplash has been replaced by plymouth in lucid. So far, I only could enable plymouth-theme-ubuntu-text (I believe), which only gives me a simple splash at start up but nothing during shutdown. Cheers!!!

I made a simple XBMC plymouth splash screen it's basicaly the default ubuntu-logo splash in black with the XBMC logo.

I just created a .deb for it, haven’t tested it thoroughly, but it should work

You can install it with

Code:
aptitude install plymouth-label
wget http://excyle.nl/plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb
dpkg -i plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb
@ excyle

Thanks a lot for this. It works perfect.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
usplash XBMC logos for lucid? where and when?0