usplash XBMC logos for lucid? where and when?
Ill do the gfx if someone does the coding...
thank you EXCYLE for providing this nice bootscreen Smile
any chance of getting a youtube clip or something so we can see how it looks? i'd install but i'm still at karmic and debating upgrading to lucid when dharma is finalized
excyle Wrote:I made a simple XBMC plymouth splash screen it's basicaly the default ubuntu-logo splash in black with the XBMC logo.

@excyle

http://nfye.com/EB1501/ubuntu_logo.png
http://nfye.com/EB1501/progress_dot_on.png

My progress dot on and logo if you wish to get a similar look I just dont like the orange dot Smile
Just updated my .deb

* Progress is now the same color as used in the logo
* Minor tweaks to the logo itself (transparant background)

Download location is unchanged
Code:
aptitude install plymouth-label
wget [url]http://excyle.nl/plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb[/url]
dpkg -i plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb
Thank you! Just what i needed to finish my current setup!

Could I be a pain though? I modded the full screen OEM logo on my BIOS but it doesn't quite match, could I possibly borrow the source file that you used to create the splash?

The current BIOS logo i have been using i created in 16:9 then resized (squished) to a 800x600 4bit .bmp, so when it displays on my plasma it has the correct AR. Is this possible with this loading screen?

I would like to try and match it up as much as possible (obviously without the loading bar on the BIOS logo).
Playing with XBMC on all platforms :)
Vankwish Wrote:Could I be a pain though? I modded the full screen OEM logo on my BIOS but it doesn't quite match, could I possibly borrow the source file that you used to create the splash?

The plymouth theme is installed to /lib/plymouth/themes/xbmc-logo, so all the "source" files are in that dir

basically what you want to do to get a matching bios screen is :
* create an empty BMP, background color black, matching the size of your plymouth splash screen,
* copy/paste xbmc_logo.png to the absolute center of it
* resize the complete picture to whatever resolution your bios wants to have.
Outstanding!

Does the splash display at the native display res?
excyle, this is awesome!

there's only one thing that's keeping me from installing it, I'm on lucid x64

Quote:dpkg: error processing plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb (--install):
package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
Errors were encountered while processing:
plymouth-theme-xbmc-logo.deb
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:there's only one thing that's keeping me from installing it, I'm on lucid x64

If you re-download the deb it should install on X64 as well now
after I apt-get installed plymouth-label it worked like a charm on 64bit lucid, thanks so much for this!

only thing left is that I have to find out what changes I did previously to the graphic boot process because the animation looks a little like 16bit CGA Wink

add.: okay I tried the stuff from http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=562...stcount=13 to the letter and GRUB comes in glorious (...) 1280x720 (was a bit cautious and did not want to go the full 1080p at first try) but afterwards there comes a really quick "....fatal...inserting...vesafb..." something warning and the usual ubuntu bootup animation until terminal, xbmc not autostarting anymore

guess I'll try a dpkg-reconfigure of the nvidia-current next to see if there's a problem
add.: that didn't fix it but at least I can still manually log-in and start XBMC so no serious damage done Wink

somebody has an idea what went wrong and how I can fix this?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
just wanted to make sure that this thread and the awesome bootlogo is not going into oblivion Wink

gonna try tonight to get my graphical booting back
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hannes The Hun Wrote:just wanted to make sure that this thread and the awesome bootlogo is not going into oblivion Wink

It will never happen: committed to SVN after receiving permission from the author. Smile
Fuck, yeah! Big Grin
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hannes The Hun Wrote:Fuck, yeah! Big Grin

+1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
usplash XBMC logos for lucid? where and when?0