• 86(current)
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
Fraincs Wrote:Should have said : how can I access my computer (VNC is probably the easiest solution) but I was wondering if there was another way so I can give access to non tech savy people.

Are you wanting to fully control your pc - in which case LogMeIn is pretty damn good and free.

If you just want to access CouchPotato remotely on your LAN or over the internet you can do that too.

For LAN access, just type in the XBMC machine's IP and CouchPotato port number into the browser and you should get access straight away. eg 192.168.1.1:5000
For access over the internet you need to type in your routers IP and the same CouchPotato port number, eg 82.45.25.2:5000

But for this to work you'll need to setup port forwarding on your router, so it forwards any request to that port to the IP of your XBMC machine.

In both cases, setting a static IP on your XBMC machine is the way to go! Smile

(I use both of the above methods for full access to SAB, CP and SB from my iPhone, anywhere in the world)
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
bramblepants Wrote:Are you wanting to fully control your pc - in which case LogMeIn is pretty damn good and free.

If you just want to access CouchPotato remotely on your LAN or over the internet you can do that too.

For LAN access, just type in the XBMC machine's IP and CouchPotato port number into the browser and you should get access straight away. eg 192.168.1.1:5000
For access over the internet you need to type in your routers IP and the same CouchPotato port number, eg 82.45.25.2:5000

But for this to work you'll need to setup port forwarding on your router, so it forwards any request to that port to the IP of your XBMC machine.

In both cases, setting a static IP on your XBMC machine is the way to go! Smile

(I use both of the above methods for full access to SAB, CP and SB from my iPhone, anywhere in the world)

I was looking for LAN access thanks for the answer. I'll look into it as soon as possible.
alshain Wrote:I suggest, you simply uninstall it, and install it again, then you'll have the lastest version.

how do you uninstall cp?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
@cable_guy: You uninstall the userscript, not CP. However, if you're not running from source, you do not have the new userscript anyways.

Instead, you can get the file from here:
https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotat...rscript.js

make sure to replace all instances of ${host} with the base url of your CP installation. Then you can install the userscript using greasemonkey directly.
Thanks for this, but can I ask a few bits please? (losing the plot here)

alshain Wrote:@cable_guy: You uninstall the userscript, not CP. However, if you're not running from source, you do not have the new userscript anyways.

Sorry about this but what is running from source? How do I know if I'm running from source?

alshain Wrote:Instead, you can get the file from here:
https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotat...rscript.js

make sure to replace all instances of ${host} with the base url of your CP installation. Then you can install the userscript using greasemonkey directly.

Is that to say that all I need to do to upgrade my version of CP from f60d448 to the latest version is to replace my current "userscript.js" file with https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotat...rscript.js ?

thanks in advance,
ok, let's start slowly.

How did you install CouchPotato? What operating system are you using?
Thanks for replying, I do apologise for my lack of understanding here.

Being honest I can't totally remember, I can remember modifying a script to get it started upon the machine's startup, but I can't remember if it was installed via apt-get which I normally use or not. Could I check anything which would help us tell that?

I'm frantically going back through all my PMs and forum posts to see if I can tell.....
So you're an ubuntu user Smile
Well, you're running from source, linux doesn't have a binary build.
Go into the directory, and try running "git pull"
sorry yes I should have said, I use XBMC live Dharma.

Thanks for that, I did it as su and got :

error: Your local changes to 'app/config/configApp.py' would be overwritten by merge. Aborting.
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.

I searched google for the above and one guy did a git fetch --all, do you think that would be wise?
please run "git diff" and pastebin the outcome.
really appreciate this Smile hope this helps:

http://pastebin.com/FTZqyEt3
I don't know what exactly happened, but it doesn't look like you did that yourself, also judging from the questions you didn't Smile else you'd know about it I guess.

Try this:
$ git reset --hard
$ git pull
alshain Wrote:I don't know what exactly happened, but it doesn't look like you did that yourself, also judging from the questions you didn't Smile else you'd know about it I guess.

Try this:
$ git reset --hard
$ git pull

haha what do you mean?!

I just did that and it outputted loads of lines to my terminal, in the middle of which was this line : 222 files changed, 46632 insertions(+), 891 deletions(-)

it executed very very quickly indeed, and now get the following when visiting the CP URL :

Quote:500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/app/config/render.py", line 14, in __call__
return self.template.render_unicode(**env)
File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/library/mako/template.py", line 198, in render_unicode
as_unicode=True)
File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 403, in _render
_render_context(template, callable_, context, *args, **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 434, in _render_context
_exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/library/mako/runtime.py", line 457, in _exec_template
callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
File "_base_html", line 191, in render_body
AttributeError: 'Updater' object has no attribute 'useUpdater'
Did you restart CouchPotato?
wahaay! no i hadn't have now and it's updated git-253d797 ! Big Grin thank you very much *raises virtual pint glass*
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents11