• 14(current)
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's
Have you tried this yet? It worked for me (ION 330-HT).

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1046137
Laundro Wrote:Have you tried this yet? It worked for me (ION 330-HT).

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1046137

sadly couldnt get that to install

also when trying aplay i always get the error

aplay: main:654: audio open error: Device or resource busy
(using putty - as cant go to terminal from revo)
Maybe you should stop xbmc first then (sudo service xbmc-live stop)?
matchsmalone Wrote:The general consensus is that streaming HD on Wifi is not practical. It is too inconsistent.

With 720p you'll be able to stream a little, but expect some stopping and stuttering. With 1080p expect it to be basically unwatchable.

After trying nights on end, I've settled for an ethernet powerline adapter Smile

I've reinstalled completely, but now I have the problem that 24p content stutters enormously. It's as if a frame is skipped, then shown, then the next frame is shown, then the previous one, etc... In a funny way, the display does remain in sync with the audio.

I don't have the problem when not allowing the display to be synced with the content (ie playing 23.xx content at 50 or 60 Hz), but of course, then there's the issue with frequent small skips (resyncing). In other words: I want my 24p content in a 24p display Smile

I've cycled through all the options in xbmc, tried installing the latest nvidia drivers (doesn't help), tried http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068 (although I did it from ssh, would this be a problem?), tried messing around with xorg.conf, all to no avail...

Anyone has an idea of what could be causing this?
Excuse the noobish question but I tried looking around and couldn't find the answer.

But, I had installed the previous version of the 10.08 version of the LiveCD and I would like to update to the newest version and newest SVN. I'm not sure how I go about easily updating. Do I need to load to USB and do a fresh install again or is there an easier method that wouldn't require me doing a total new installation?
Laundro Wrote:After trying nights on end, I've settled for an ethernet powerline adapter Smile

I've reinstalled completely, but now I have the problem that 24p content stutters enormously. It's as if a frame is skipped, then shown, then the next frame is shown, then the previous one, etc... In a funny way, the display does remain in sync with the audio.

So you only get the problem with 24p content? In other words, are you sure it's not a network issue? I'm wondering if what you're seeing is actually network lag, as opposed to a problem with settings/video processing.

I've heard mixed things about those powerline adapters, I'm not sure how suitable they are for HD streaming. Have you tested your connection speed, or anything like that?

Just out of curiosity, which one did you get? If it works well I'd be interested in getting one myself.
I only have the problem with 24p content, in a 1080/24p display. Playing back the same content in 60Hz is fine (apart from the occasional 'twitch', you know, the glitches that are particularly seeable in camera pans), which is why I want 24p playback. In other words, the network's fine (I get about 9 MB/sec, similar to my desktop PC that is connected directly to my 100Mb LAN).

I bought the Dlink Powerline stuff (€79), supposedly giving you 200Mb/throughput. At first, I used ethernet cables I had lying around, and I reached about 1Mb/s. In a flash of insight (happens only once a year), I realized I'd be needing CAT 5E cables for it to work well Smile (Two 5e cables were included in the box, but I paid no notice at first), and now I've got LAN speeds.

Be sure to ask whether you can return the adapters, because I've been hearing all sorts of feedback. Basically, you can only be sure it'll work in your environment by really using it - there are too many unknowns to be certain whether it'll work with you or not.
Laundro Wrote:Maybe you should stop xbmc first then (sudo service xbmc-live stop)?

heeh thanks let me test and report back
Trying to run the alsaupgrade script i get this error

root@XBMCLive:/etc# sudo ./AlsaUpgrade -1.0.23-2.sh -c
sudo: ./AlsaUpgrade: command not found

trying to run aplay-I

aplay: playbackv:2798: You need to specify 1 files
Tiger33 Wrote:Trying to run the alsaupgrade script i get this error

root@XBMCLive:/etc# sudo ./AlsaUpgrade -1.0.23-2.sh -c
sudo: ./AlsaUpgrade: command not found

"AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh" is one command, you don't need spaces in between.
Just type "sudo ./Alsa" (no space) and then press TAB to autocomplete. This way you're sure you won't make any spelling mistakes Smile
m3g4tr0n Wrote:try:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp) C"</gputempcommand>
        <cputempcommand>echo "$(sensors -u | grep "temp1_input"| awk '{print $2 }' |awk '{printf("%d\n",$1 + 0.5);}') C"</cputempcommand>
</advancedsettings>

GPU Temp display works. CPU Temp still displays "?"

Anyone else got this to work on xbmcfreak 10.08 release?
Laundro Wrote:"AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh" is one command, you don't need spaces in between.
Just type "sudo ./Alsa" (no space) and then press TAB to autocomplete. This way you're sure you won't make any spelling mistakes Smile

Ok thanks alot

but now i get the error

alsa-driver-1.0.23 not found :-(

just to add i did notice when running with the -c switch i get this

./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 291: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 292: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 293: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 294: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 295: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 296: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 297: wget: command not found
rm: cannot remove `alsa*.tar.bz2': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `alsa-*': No such file or directory

(sorry for all the questions - linux noob)
Tiger33 Wrote:Ok thanks alot

but now i get the error

alsa-driver-1.0.23 not found :-(

just to add i did notice when running with the -c switch i get this

./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 291: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 292: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 293: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 294: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 295: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 296: wget: command not found
./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: line 297: wget: command not found
rm: cannot remove `alsa*.tar.bz2': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `alsa-*': No such file or directory

(sorry for all the questions - linux noob)

Did you run the -d switch first? You should run the -d (to download) then the -c (compile) then -i (install).
matchsmalone Wrote:Did you run the -d switch first? You should run the -d (to download) then the -c (compile) then -i (install).

sorry yes the above error is from running the D switch :-(
@Tiger33
sudo apt-get install wget
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's0