[Latest nightly] No more mouse click pause in video
Hi,

Since a couple og nightlies, I notice I cannot anymore pause/play a video with a mouse click in the video window, whatever the skin.

Is it on purpose or a bug?
It's on purpose. It opens the OSD instead. See:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8742

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sad 
Quote:Mouse usage isn't great in XBMC either way, and this way is better for touch users.

Well, mouse usage *was* good enough for me... Too bad.
I'll definitely have to setup a remote, now...
Just want to chime in that I like everything that makes usage with touchscreens better.
I just bought a samsung ld220z, 22" dual touch. best skin so far for me is PM3:hd.
So this is a step in the right direction, thanks.

a bit OT, but I've seen that you've implemented the flicking gesture for up and down... is it possible to implement the left and right flicks too? (back and forward in a webbrowser)
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Using the latest beta build of Dharma on Mac is there anyway to get click to pause back?
I'd really like the option back too. I use my wireless mouse to pause. Now i instead of one click i have to move it to that friggin small button on a huge screen. Not cool.. They should just have made it an option for touch screen users.
Also using the latest Dharma build on Mac. I really really want click to pause back! Is there at least a way to enable this if it isn't going to happen by default? Please??
It's unlikely to come back until the input system is more easily configurable.

XBMC is not designed to use the mouse primarily. It's designed to be used with a remote. A touchscreen is a more natural thing to use with XBMC, thus we favour that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Too bad for the xbmc-users using this soft as front-end for their car-pc.

I'm using ubuntu 10.04 as OS and xbmc as multimedia center but in the windowed mode cause i need to access my other screen running gps navigation.

I hear you thinking : just use a remote or get a touch screen! but navigation with a remote is not that easy and i do not need another remote in the cars front and those touchscreens are way too expensive and horribly reflecting plus i really do not need yet another screen in my fronts car aside the existing radio (+old navigation )screen.

Trying to hit that play/pause button on an 7inch screen is a pain ( especially when you have to answer that phone call )
Still loving this fabulous software but i will have to go back to xbmc 9.11. for safety reasons. That " just hit the touchpad " ( i built a touchpad of an broken laptop between the front seats to control my carpc ) to pause the playing was one of the major reasons i chose xbmc for my in-car multimedia system, too bad it's gone in the new version.
Thanks for considering and for the ongoing progress (except on this one Laugh).
Cedric.
Then patch it back in yourself. You're obviously competent enough with computers (you installed one in your car after all) that it shouldn't be too much of a task for you to patch this back in for your system.

I think you can appreciate how your usage case is so massively away from the mainstream that we're not going to bend over backwards here Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'm greatly appreciative of the work that goes into XBMC, certainly, but is this a decision based on other users' input? I mean it sincerely, out of genuine curiosity: how many users would need to speak up to indicate that it is an option people would like? In other words, who decides how the "mainstream" uses it?

I read through the ticket, and it really seemed the resolution to remove the functionality was more based on "it would be easier just to remove it." Was there any type of polling done, to see if people would prefer it as an option they could turn on or off? I don't use a touchscreen, but I do use the mouse heavily for these functions.

I've recently uninstalled and gone back to 9.11 because of this issue (I know, not a permanent solution), but I don't pretend to know how to patch it myself. The fact that 7 people have all chimed in on this one thread does indicate that it really isn't just one user's special case (especially considering how many people may not ever be able to find this thread to chime in if they wanted to - it took me an hour to find a thread that commented on this issue).
i agree. i uninstalled the version 10 a few time because of there not being a mouse click pause feature. i found it to be one of the more useful things about XBMC. can we please get it back?!?!?
LTracte Wrote:i agree. i uninstalled the version 10 a few time because of there not being a mouse click pause feature. i found it to be one of the more useful things about XBMC. can we please get it back?!?!?
I too would like to see the mouse click added. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to patch the build (as a previous poster has suggested to someone else) so it looks like it's back to V9.

I have noticed that if you're at a 7" screen - with netbook right in front of you - then the space bar will pause/play it. But if you are using a laptop hooked up to a TV and using a bluetooth/wireless mouse to "drive it" then it looks like you will have to move the mouse up to the top, rewind a little, pause -------- answer the Q from someone else, scatch your bum, have a bathroom break ------- move mouse to top again, play, re-watch an indeterminent (sp) section, then continue.

FYI - XBMC is really a good program, but it looks like it's back to V9.
dionymnia Wrote:I'm greatly appreciative of the work that goes into XBMC, certainly, but is this a decision based on other users' input? I mean it sincerely, out of genuine curiosity: how many users would need to speak up to indicate that it is an option people would like? In other words, who decides how the "mainstream" uses it?

I read through the ticket, and it really seemed the resolution to remove the functionality was more based on "it would be easier just to remove it." Was there any type of polling done, to see if people would prefer it as an option they could turn on or off? I don't use a touchscreen, but I do use the mouse heavily for these functions.

I've recently uninstalled and gone back to 9.11 because of this issue (I know, not a permanent solution), but I don't pretend to know how to patch it myself. The fact that 7 people have all chimed in on this one thread does indicate that it really isn't just one user's special case (especially considering how many people may not ever be able to find this thread to chime in if they wanted to - it took me an hour to find a thread that commented on this issue).
Didn't take me an hour to find the thread, but I do know other users (we have a few at work) of XBMC who are considering going back to V9.11 because of the mouse click feature. I'm sure a lot of users wouldn't have a clue where to search for this thread.
i use MediaPlayerClassic HomeCinema as external player

so i get great mouse support...

i just dont like XBMC's default built-in player....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Latest nightly] No more mouse click pause in video0