Stop and Start Between Rooms??
Watching the DirectTV DVR commercials make me think of a feature they advertise might be fun. Stopping your movie or tv show in one room and continuing it in another room. I know when you stop a movie you can "Resume from..." on the menu, is this store in the DB or settings somewhere?

I already store my XBMC settings directory on my external hard drive and use directory links in Win7 to make it show up in AppData\Roaming. Could you setup your XBMC settings directory on a shared drive or NAS and then when you stop in one room every XBMC install knows where to resume from?

I only have 1 XBMC install on my HTPC, so I haven't tested it (just thought about it at work). Has anyone else done this or thought about it?
That's a good question. XBMC supports a central database under advacned settings. If the movie watched status and last position are stored in the database, this feature is already present.
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
From the Wiki:
Quote:XBMC uses SQLite, an open source light-weight SQL database-engine, to store all its library related data (Music, Video, and Program databases). By default, the database files (*.db) are stored in The UserData Folder, specifically in userdata/Database.

In addition to indexing media files when activated by user-selected Content settings, XBMC also puts a video in its database if you change any OSD setting while watching it. Resume points are stored in this database as well. These entries are added to the database whether the affected video is part of the Video Library or not.

So I would assume this is possible. I was looking at a post about trying to do something with Macs in '09 and they couldn't get it done. I will install on my laptop and try this tonight.
Yes, if you are using a central database, you can stop the movie while playing on one system, and when you select the same movie from another computer, you will be prompted to start from where you left off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop and Start Between Rooms??0