Any programs to automatically download extrafanart?
I know this belongs in scrapers but Night is one of the few skins to support this and yet I couldn't find any program that automatically gets these from Tvdb/themovietb. A lot of the shows I watch have multiple backgrounds and it really adds a lot to the UI.

If no scraper has this built in can someone point me to a program that will automate downloading once I enter the tv show name? Then I can manually put them in extrafanarts directory.
Yea I think it's a very cool feature, one of my fav...

I believe it's only Linux that has a batch way to download. hikaricore create a bash script to automate the process. It's up to others with the skills to create a way for the other platforms, that stuff is beyond my knowledge...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
OMG.... thanks for that script im running it now on my Tv series , do movies follow the extra fanart rule as well and can I use a TMDB url instead of the TVDB in the script that would be awesome

-=Jason=-
extra fanart ? how?? where do i put them Huh? i have a shit ton of extra fanart for my tv
Ember Media Manager already supports XBMC-friendly extra fanart for movies, but not TV. You could use that rather than editing the bash script, it gives plenty of control over how many extra images are downloaded and their quality.
for those of us using linux or live Ember is not an option

-=Jason=-
eg4190 Wrote:Ember Media Manager already supports XBMC-friendly extra fanart for movies, but not TV. You could use that rather than editing the bash script, it gives plenty of control over how many extra images are downloaded and their quality.

I thought Ember put all the fanart and thumbnails in extrathumbs not extrafanart where Night looks for it. I don't see any options to configure this.

Just looked, there's an open issue for this - http://www.embermm.com/issues/731
My bad, I just switched over to Night the other day and left the house this morning with Ember downloading extra fanart for all my movies. Guess I'm in for a disappointment when I get home.
i us ember and a tool calls flexible renamer... so i renamed all my extrathubs to extrafanart...
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3
i have nearly 2500 tv fanart sitting on my hard drive .. how do i get night to use these extrafanarts for my tv setup ?
Flomaster Wrote:OMG.... thanks for that script im running it now on my Tv series , do movies follow the extra fanart rule as well and can I use a TMDB url instead of the TVDB in the script that would be awesome

-=Jason=-

I'm not sure if tmdb supports a naming scheme that would be easily scriptable to download like thetvdb does.
However, I'll take a look at it when i get some time and see.
hikaricore Wrote:I'm not sure if tmdb supports a naming scheme that would be easily scriptable to download like thetvdb does.

hehe .. yeah .. i got a little scripty for tv too Smile
hikaricore Wrote:I'm not sure if tmdb supports a naming scheme that would be easily scriptable to download like thetvdb does.

You Da Man....

*subscribes*

-=Jason=-
I took a look at themoviedb and with their new site it's really not easy to do from a simple batch script.
You'll either have to do it manually or find a media scraper that runs well under wine.
I still use MIP occasionally but I don't believe it's been updated in ages so it probably doesn't support downloading more than one fanart.
Flomaster Wrote:for those of us using linux or live Ember is not an option

-=Jason=-

Ember works (for the moat part) using mono in linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any programs to automatically download extrafanart?0