A Request For ION Xorg.confs
I'm struggling with my ION box. I originally started a thread about the SPS1 error. However, this error shows up even when there are no playback problems. So I'm trying to get a working config, as others are happy with their ION boxes.

My specific problem lies with bluray files (.m2ts or .mkv) where the video hasn't been converted. It's still the huge 20+gb file.

When watching them, I see a small 'stop' in video playback roughly every second. like it's holding onto a frame for too long. It's slight in 60hz, and very noticeable in 24Hz.

I am humbly requesting peoples xorg.conf files. I am after ones used on computers which use vdpau, where people are happy with the playback.

Specifically, you don't see the problem outlined above.

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post. I look forward to any replies.
Code:
# xorg.conf Full-HDTV

Section "Device"
        Identifier                    "nvidia"
        Driver                        "nvidia"
        Option  "NoLogo"              "true"
        Option  "DynamicTwinView"     "false"
        Option  "NoFlip"              "false"
        Option  "FlatPanelPoperties"  "Scaling = Native"
        Option  "ModeValidation"      "NoVesaModes, NoXServeModes"
        Option  "UseDisplayDevice"    "DFP-1"
        Option  "ModeDebug"           "true"
        Option  "HWCusor"             "false"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "sceen"
        Device          "nvidia"
        SubSection      "Display"
                Modes "1920x1080_60_0" "1920x1080_24_0"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option  "Composite"           "false"
EndSection
I had a little issue with the fonts-size but was easy to fix.
thank you. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks again, that xorg.conf works, and allows refresh rate switching, but I still have that repeating pause in many of my blurays files.

Would adding modelines help?
neil.j1983 Wrote:Would adding modelines help?

I guess not ...
What driver of nvidia do you use ?

180 / 185 / 195

On my Asrock ION I do play the backup of blurays without any problem with
this xorg.xonf so the problem must be somewhere else.

Could you please post your settings for video-playback ?
What version of xbmc ?

Regards Hans
sorry .... a few things more ....

1.) Did you set the memory to 512MB inside the BIOS ?
2.) Have you installed the latest BIOS for the ASROCK ?
3.) It may sound silly ... what file-system do you use ?
linuxluemmel Wrote:I guess not ...
What driver of nvidia do you use ?

180 / 185 / 195

On my Asrock ION I do play the backup of blurays without any problem with
this xorg.xonf so the problem must be somewhere else.

Could you please post your settings for video-playback ?
What version of xbmc ?

Regards Hans

Thanks again for your help. I am currently on 256, but I have tried 185 and 195, with the same issue.

I have renderer on 'auto' vdpau enabled, adjust refresh rate enabled, and resample as my method for syncing playback to display (although I have done it with it turned off).

linuxluemmel Wrote:sorry .... a few things more ....

1.) Did you set the memory to 512MB inside the BIOS ?
2.) Have you installed the latest BIOS for the ASROCK ?
3.) It may sound silly ... what file-system do you use ?

1) yep
2) i will check when I finish work.
3) ext4
Hi

you should read http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068. it's an excellent guide and solve all my trouble.

you can use xci script. there's some options to configure nvidia drivers and xorg.conf

Is your display 24p compatible.
yes, it is compatible, windows 24hz is perfect, I've tried that script over the months of trying to figure this out, and it does provide smooth 23.97fps playback, but NOT on my blurays.
Hi,

Not sure if this will help you, but have you tried un-checking dts and dolby passthrough in audio settings. Then turning on sync playback to display using video clock (resample audio) in video settings. This means xbmc will pass pcm audio and will speed up the video by 0.100 to 24fps so it matches the display. This fixed a very annoying stutter i was getting on blurays.

cheers.
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
thanks for the suggestion, but yes, that's how I have it at the moment.
I've uploaded three sample in which i see the stop every second.

http://www.multiupload.com/8ULTNK3N98
http://www.multiupload.com/4VXZ69QA4B
http://www.multiupload.com/D8MGRW9OMX

in the avatar one, it's just as the first fat part goes past the ship.
in the cars one, it's just as the cars do a mexican wave.
in the up one, it's in the second shot where the house goes across the screen left to right.

does anyone have perfect playback of these samples?
Hi neil,

I just tried the avatar sample on my single core revo and it plays perfectly smooth. No jitter, skipping of framedrops. I'm not sure why you are experiencing problems. My xorg.conf is nothing special but will post if you like. I also tried the sample on my other systems and they played it perfect also.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
hi harry,

thanks very much for testing. As you probably know, I've been struggling with this for months since i bought my ion. BUT, i downloaded the beta live cd last night and it's perfect! i applied the 23.97/59.94 fix from the sticky, and 24hz is brill now.

no idea what is different or why, but i'm just gonna leave it now until the dharma release.

couldn't be happier right now.

thanks again. (and thanks to the devs!)

Neil

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Request For ION Xorg.confs0