DVD Playback jumps every couple of seconds!?
Why is it doing that, when all HD files playback just fine.

I was playing my DVD Rip and noticed the skipping so changed to playing the DVD only to find the issue was still there. Am I missing some obvious setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Anyone know?
bump
Could you post a debug log?
I was about to start a new thread. Here is a log for a DVD rip (Star Wars Ep 2) inside a MKV container. I used MakeMKV, so no additional compression was applied. I haven't tried the actual DVD yet.

My install is the Dharma Beta1 livecd + the 24hz script + mounting local drives. I have not made any other changes outside of XBMC. I set sync to display with video (audio resample). The file begins fine but then it just starts stuttering every second. The error% goes crazy, but no dropped frames. If I skip to the next chapter it stops, but I didn't watch the rest of the movie to find out if it happens again.

Log: http://pastebin.com/PnQfjaf4
Log seems fine, can you provide a sample of the dvd?
Also, if you're ripping 23.976 fps ntsc dvd to mkv, you need to do a correction on the timestamps, they originally have a 2:3 cadence and the millisecond resolution of mkv really screws them up.
pennant Wrote:If I skip to the next chapter it stops, but I didn't watch the rest of the movie to find out if it happens again.

For me skipping chapters works for up to a minute, then it's back to stuttering with the error% all over the place...
bobo1on1 Wrote:Log seems fine, can you provide a sample of the dvd?
Also, if you're ripping 23.976 fps ntsc dvd to mkv, you need to do a correction on the timestamps, they originally have a 2:3 cadence and the millisecond resolution of mkv really screws them up.

i don't suppose you can let us know how to do that?
Depends on which program you're using, but I think it's just a matter of setting the fps fixed to 23.976.
Disabled 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' under Video -> Playback settings, which seems to have drastically improved the issue. Not sure if there are any downsides / side effects to disabling this or not, though...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Playback jumps every couple of seconds!?0