Live stream from OSX
I'm curious if it is already possible to stream live audio from a machine to an XMBC Live enabled machine, via "audio-out". Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is streaming anything from the audio-out port of my macbook wirelessly (bluetooth, or WIFI) to my XMBC-Live machine hooked up to my stereo system. Meaning not exclusively from XBMC, iTunes, etc, but from whatever is output from the OSX central audio API.

As of know, I only understand one solution which is outside the scope of XBMC. That is, buying a $100+ adapter to transfer audio over bluetooth to my sony receiver, completely bypassing the media center XBMC machine.

This doesn't exactly seem like the most complicated feature out there, and being an experienced developer, its certainly something I feel I could create myself given an adequate amount of free time, however I'd like to know if there are some solutions already present that I am unable to find.
I believe there may be some kext's available that hook into the apple audio path allowing you to capture that output and send it to some other app. One presumes you could then pipe that over to your other machine by streaming it via something like vlc. Unfortunately I can't recall what they are - davilla might know though.

Certainly outside the scope of XBMC per-se.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I believe there may be some kext's available that hook into the apple audio path allowing you to capture that output and send it to some other app. One presumes you could then pipe that over to your other machine by streaming it via something like vlc. Unfortunately I can't recall what they are - davilla might know though.

Certainly outside the scope of XBMC per-se.

http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/

"Soundflower is a MacOS system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications. Soundflower is easy to use, it simply presents itself as an audio device, allowing any audio application to send and receive audio with no other support needed." Plex Media Server uses it to capture audio from webkit run plugins such as netflix.

AirTunes is another way, but I've not see source to implement an AirTunes client, only AirTunes servers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live stream from OSX0