[Dharma] ASS subtitles causing crash
RAM: 4GB
Video Card: Nvidia ION
Sound Card: Nvidia HDMI
XBMC: Dharma Beta 2 (Has been happening in previous versions)

I have been having a problem with the slow loading of a video initially. It seems to be the internal subtitles (ASS format) that is causing the problem. I have another thread I made awhile back about that but I have also had a crash happening from time to time that I cant figure out what is causing it but it seems to have to do with the subtitle issue. I finally caught it with debug logging on so I figured I would post it. It happens from time to time after loading when I try to skip 30 sec ahead in the loaded video, only way to fix it is to restart.

The first video file that loaded causes the slow loading (from the ASS subs I think) and the second video loads slowly then crashes after I skip 30 sec forward on it. This is how it always seems to happen when I experience the crash. It happens with all the video sources that I have the slow loading on (videos with ASS subs) but never on files without ASS subs in them.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/cAdpibTT

Thanks for any help Smile
Can you upload a sample that shows the problem? It would be best if someone else with an Ion could try it and report.
Still nothing useful in your debug log unfortunately.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The crash has actually happened on the sample I posted in the other post, just not with debug logging on. It seems to happen with all of the videos that take a long time to load and happens at random from what I can tell. That is what is making me think the two are related. Changing out the HD and RAM didn't do anything for the problems.

Sample: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBLAZXDC
FYI, No long loading or crashing on Linux.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
No loading or crashing issues on Win7 x64 with beta1 and trunk
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Works fine on Dharma beta 2 running on Ubuntu Maverick beta. Using VDPAU and HDMI out.
No problem with trunk or beta2, Win 7 32, ATI.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Hmm this has persisted through reformats and playing with settings. It has been going on for awhile now, not sure exactly when it started though. Don't think I posted it but 32/64 installs of windows cause the same problems. I will be getting a new wireless card to test out an Ubuntu install to see if Linux will fix it. From my small testing I did installing XBMCLive to a pen drive it didn't seem to have any loading issues. It has been awhile since I changed over to windows but I might be revisiting Linux and VDPAU.

I am wondering is something with my hardware might be causing the problem. I am using one of the first gen ASRock ION 330.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Dharma] ASS subtitles causing crash0