• 244(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
^ you call that feedback!? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Unfortunatly for you, you are probably part of the 1% of HTPC users that use a mouse. The rest of us a remote, the input device that XBMC was designed to be used with...
to nfusion2011 : you have to know that some skins don't support mouse !
So use a remote like all of us, or use another skin ...
but please : don't depreciate the fantastiq work of Marcos !
nfusion2011 Wrote:surely I can't be the only one out there using a mouseHuh

No, you're just the only one to use a mouse with a skin which is stated as having very limited mouse support and then complaining when you find limited mouse support.
nfusion2011 Wrote:WOW....

And I don't mean that in a good way.

Spent about an hour on this skin, and am very very annoyed.

I am shocked at how much time would have been spent on this skin, yet the absolute most basic functionality was overlooked: ACCURATE CONTROL VIA A MOUSE

My HTPC only uses a Logitech MX Revolution mouse (customized buttons).

In the Confluence, I am about to just move my mouse to the left side of the screen to get the menu bar to pop-up.

Unfortunately, the way this skin is structured, the left menu bar only seems to popup like 5% of the time (because the scroll bar is on the left side perhaps instead of right where it is in 99% of apps).

To top that off, trying to customize the main menu was a major pain in the ass, I would have to go left/right and enter and up/down, but I couldn't MOVE my mouse, as even just hovering my mouse on another option would kick me out of the option I was in.

The skin has HORRIBLE input/output control.

Finally, you would think that with a skin that is as detailed as this, I would atleast have the ability to change the views within playlists.

IE: If I have 3 Movie Playlists, Movies1, #2, and #3. I want POSTER VIEW in #1, LIST view in #2, and some other view in #3. Unfortunately I can't even do that, and every time I change a view in either 1, 2, 3, the view is saved on all 3.

Sad to say that as much as I like the skin, if I can't even use my mouse to navigate around it effeciently and have to resort to a keyboard, that really really sucks.

I appreciate the work thats been put into this, but perhaps spend the next bit of time on the coding so the skin actually loads properly when the mouse hovers around it.

For instance, look at this, I'm trying to go to the MOVIES selection by moving my mouse over it and it doesn't even light up, yet when I left click MOVIES, it goes to freaking SETTINGS because its SETTINGS thats centralized.

Navigating within this skin is horrendous, surely I can't be the only one out there using a mouseHuh

Anyways, thats my feedback:

I'll attempt to use the skin again in a few months (or earlier if you msg me and say the navigation problem is fixed), but its pretty unusable to me in its current state.

Switching back to confluence... its not as fancy, but atleast it gets me where I need it to get me...

As mentioned, the original Aeon skin and subsequent branches were never designed to have mouse support, in fact in reality XBMC is not really designed with mouse support in mind. A basic search of the forums would have given you this information.

Navigating the skin is not horrendous! It works extremely well with the tools it was designed to work with!

Try a mini bluetooth keyboard like the Logitech Dinovo mini or a IR remote control, both these options give you much more added value...

Would not hold your breath waiting for a PM about added mouse support, doubt it will ever happen!

A little bit of friendly advice, parhaps a simple post asking if Marcos had any plans to implement additional mouse support or even asking the regulars here if they knew of a way to help you out would have been sufficient rather than flaming something which is not meant to provide what you are looking for in the first place.
I'm not flaming anyone....

I didnt know xbmc wasnt desgined for mouse support.

Like I said, CONFLUENCE works just fine with mouse support... in fact, no problems at all.

So when another skin doesnt work at all, it raised some eyebrows.

I am shocked at how much time would have been spent on this skin, yet the absolute most basic functionality was overlooked: ACCURATE CONTROL VIA A MOUSE

In the Confluence, I am about to just move my mouse to the left side of the screen to get the menu bar to pop-up.

Unfortunately, the way this skin is structured, the left menu bar only seems to popup like 5% of the time (because the scroll bar is on the left side perhaps instead of right where it is in 99% of apps).

To top that off, trying to customize the main menu was a major pain in the ass, I would have to go left/right and enter and up/down, but I couldn't MOVE my mouse, as even just hovering my mouse on another option would kick me out of the option I was in.

Finally, you would think that with a skin that is as detailed as this, I would atleast have the ability to change the views within playlists.

IE: If I have 3 Movie Playlists, Movies1, #2, and #3. I want POSTER VIEW in #1, LIST view in #2, and some other view in #3. Unfortunately I can't even do that, and every time I change a view in either 1, 2, 3, the view is saved on all 3.

Sad to say that as much as I like the skin, if I can't even use my mouse to navigate around it effeciently and have to resort to a keyboard, that really really sucks.

I appreciate the work thats been put into this, but perhaps spend the next bit of time on the coding so the skin actually loads properly when the mouse hovers around it.

For instance, look at this, I'm trying to go to the MOVIES selection by moving my mouse over it and it doesn't even light up, yet when I left click MOVIES, it goes to freaking SETTINGS because its SETTINGS thats centralized.

Navigating within this skin is horrendous, surely I can't be the only one out there using a mouseHuh

I'll attempt to use the skin again in a few months (or earlier if you msg me and say the navigation problem is fixed), but its pretty unusable to me in its current state.

Switching back to confluence... its not as fancy, but atleast it gets me where I need it to get me...

LOL this post cracks me up. What an enormous sense of entitlement.

You're in desperate need of learning how to talk politely to people, nfusion2011.
h8buffers Wrote:LOL this post cracks me up. What an enormous sense of entitlement.

You're in desperate need of learning how to talk politely to people, nfusion2011.

I completely agree, how people are supposed to write such a crap! They should read first important infos about the skin, as i know Aeon never really had mouse support, anyway i'm wondering how the hell people are using htpc's with a mouse, as a remote is such as comfortable sitting on your couch a navigate through your library ... Only god knows Smile
I`ve tried using a mouse with the default confluence skin for a week (my remote died) and it was clumbsy at best compared to a remote. XBMC was designed for remotes since the Xbox days, and a remote is easier to use from your couch for navigating XBMC than a mouse.

And Aeon isn`t the only skin that has limited mouse support. Alaska has 0 mouse support (if you try to use a mouse it puts an X on your cursor and warns you that this input type is not supported)
h8buffers Wrote:LOL this post cracks me up. What an enormous sense of entitlement.

This.

This is clearly not a mouse based skin, which is how most people like it. In fact, as has been said, XBMC wasn't even designed with a mouse as a primary input device (remember how it originated on the Xbox!?)

nfusion2011 - if you genuinely thought you were posting constructively then you need to re-evaluate something about your life!

It amazes me the sorts of crap people will spew about something that they get for free. Its open source....if you don't like it take code, figure it out and fix it.
Smile 
Hi, I'm a new user of xbmc and am very impressed, certainly a massive improvement over WMC I was using before.

With regard to using a mouse, I currently mainly one while I'm 'playing' with xbmc, I do have an old rf remote (some ex-Medion x10 based thing) and do need to spend some time to get the all the keys working as expected, but thats not why I post now.

I have installed a few different skins and whilst most seem to work fine with a mouse, some don't and I except that, I'll add that whilst I couldn't get Aeon Nox to hardly work at all with a mouse, MQ 2 works ok, not great, but a little patience and I can get it to do what I want.

For now, until xbmc is fully linked to my tv I will use the default skin, mainly because it works great with a mouse, but also because it has fewer options I can 'break'!! whilst getting my library installed correctly, but when its all going well, I will sort my remote out and switch to a skin like Aeon, as IMO it looks so much better than the rest.

So no mouse won't be a problem for me.

Great work.

Steve
nfusion2011 Wrote:I'll attempt to use the skin again in a few months (or earlier if you msg me and say the navigation problem is fixed), but its pretty unusable to me in its current state.

That as may favorite part, after being rude for the whole post - he doesn't ask nicely - "Hey, would be nice if mouse support could be added" but he not only expects it to be fixed, he also expects an personal message?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
nfusion2011 Wrote:Finally, you would think that with a skin that is as detailed as this, I would atleast have the ability to change the views within playlists.

just so u kno, this is an issue with xbmc, not with the skin. u should at least try to get ur facts straitened out before jumping down MarcosQui's throat.
To all the people that are still going on about my comment about the mouse thing.

Let me break it down for you.

XBMC is used for?....... HTPCS!

HTPC's stand for?..... Home Theater Personal Computers

What's the primary input devices used in Personal Computers?...... Are you ready for this?... a Mouse!

So you can imagine my confusion when a program for a "PC!" (and no, not the program in General, because Confluence works fine... but the Skin in general) has no Mouse Support!!

I'm not using some two button rollerball mouse, It's a Logitech MX Revolution with UberOptions that allows me to customize anything I want about the mouse, it works just beautifully.

You guys may say "just get a remote", but my HTPC, is actually a very powerful comp, and I multi-task on it (ie: surf the web, talk on msn, even alt tab out of XBMC and launch a game to see if my friends are online so we can grab a game or two together!). Think of it more as a PC, then as a dedicated HTPC.

All these are things that a 'remote' wouldn't be able to do, so why invest extra $ into a tool that only 1 program uses when my mouse does all of the above just fine? Plus, you guys assume that I have an extra 5.25" bay available in my comp to even install a IR/RF sensor remote.

As I said before, I wasn't flaming the creator, I wasn't mocking him, I don't have a sense of entitlement, I said I appreciated his work, the screen looks great, but it was a bit puzzling how such a core component, the most basic of basic, input/output function was overlooked. I merely proposed, if he wants his skin to be more "widely" accepted (by the other supposed 1% of the users), then he'd be well to integrate mouse suppose into it.

As far as "expecting" a PM when its fixed. I most certainly am not, like I said, the skin doesn't fit my needs if I can't even navigate within in. I was going to give it 3-6 months before wasting another 30min/hour on it to see if the issue was fixed. On the odd chance that the creator wanted more people to actually use his work, he could have private msged me to say the problem was fixed earlier than I had expected, and get more people using his work.

But now I see that this skin was never designed for Mouse Support, so I won't hold my breath.

P.S.: To all the people saying OMG I SHOULD READ THE WIKI.... do you guys read the instruction manual on every gadget you guys buy at a store, or every application you install? No. You read it if there's a problem. I perceived the problem to be related to this skin because XBMC and Confluence WORKS FINE WITH MOUSE SUPPORT. Logically, it wouldn't occur to me to go read a GENERAL WIKI< because the default xbmc, and the default skin... works. So my perception was that its a problem in this skin, and it needs to be fixed, thats all there is to it.

Thanks
  • 244(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232