[Live] HiFace on XBMC Live
I searched on how to install proprietary drivers on XBMC Live, but either the explanation doesn't exist (which I doubt), either I used the wrong keywords. Eitherway, I use this opportunity to address a subject that I believe is important to many: how to transform a regular XBMC-based HTPC into a HiFi system...

The hardware to mention is called HiFace, developed by M2Tech (I have no commercial interests on this). Basically, it is an USB to SPDIF converter, able to run up to 96kHz/24bit sound files with an incredibly low jitter. Therefore, anyone could buy a cheap nettop, run XBMC Live, plug this HiFace gizmo, and enjoy high fidelity sound (provided you have a decent DAC).

The Linux drivers are yet to come, although Mr. Marco Manunta says these are being developed already, and soon to be released. I already contacted him and shown my interest in the direct compatibility with XBMC Live. He was kind and granted he would do whatever possible. I felt on the obligation to help.

And here's where I need experts' help (your help), as I'm a deep newb on all this Huh. I believe the only thing to address is "how to install proprietary drivers (debian?) on XBMC Live".

Thank you! Nod
Install them like you would on any other ubuntu / debian system.

Still until there are actually drivers available, and you know what form they are going to be in, I wouldn't really worry about this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] HiFace on XBMC Live0