nitotv mplayer as xbmc external player (Apple TV)
Hi,

I've been looking for a solution for some time now with no success. Hopefully I'll have more luck here.

On my linux laptop I have xbmc set up to use mplayer as external player to play rtsp realvideo internet streams (various live tv channels). I'd like to do the same thing on apple tv.

On a hacked Apple TV, how can I set xbmc to use nitotv/mplayer as an external player?

What would be the path to nitotv mplayer on Apple TV to use?

Thanks.
Boris
borisk Wrote:Hi,

I've been looking for a solution for some time now with no success. Hopefully I'll have more luck here.

On my linux laptop I have xbmc set up to use mplayer as external player to play rtsp realvideo internet streams (various live tv channels). I'd like to do the same thing on apple tv.

On a hacked Apple TV, how can I set xbmc to use nitotv/mplayer as an external player?

What would be the path to nitotv mplayer on Apple TV to use?

Thanks.
Boris

sudo find / -name mplayer
/Users/frontrow/Library/Frameworks/CMP/Resources/
Thanks davilla.

I managed to get mplayer into playercorefactory.xml and play a strem. The problems I encountered are:
1. mplayer is hidden behind xbmc
2. mplayer does not react to Apple remote – thus can’t be closed. The only solution was to reboot (menu + down)

Any ideas how to solve those?

For reference, here is my playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
     <player name="MPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">      
     <filename>/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Frameworks/CommonMediaPlayer.framework/Versions/A/Resources/bin/mplayer</filename>
     <args>-fs</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="smil" filename="*.smil" player="MPlayer"/>
   <rule protocols="rtsp" player="MPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks for your help.
borisk Wrote:Thanks davilla.

I managed to get mplayer into playercorefactory.xml and play a strem. The problems I encountered are:
1. mplayer is hidden behind xbmc
2. mplayer does not react to Apple remote – thus can’t be closed. The only solution was to reboot (menu + down)

Any ideas how to solve those?

For reference, here is my playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
     <player name="MPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">      
     <filename>/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Frameworks/CommonMediaPlayer.framework/Versions/A/Resources/bin/mplayer</filename>
     <args>-fs</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="smil" filename="*.smil" player="MPlayer"/>
   <rule protocols="rtsp" player="MPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks for your help.

yes, use your own build of mplayer. nito's is custom for use with nitotv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nitotv mplayer as xbmc external player (Apple TV)0