• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Trakt.tv (Plugin) TV and Movie Scrobbler Addon
jabba_29 Wrote:Getting there :-) I hope to be able to use the feed with twitterfeed. It is throwing errors right now. Not on computer to check if headers/format is correct (I might be able to help you with that if you get stuck).

There seems to be a bug in user profile - it's listing 10 more shows than I've actually watched...

Keep up the good work. Looks great on an iPad ;-)

This was a pretty rough go at it. There's no CDATA blocks in there, so it could be bad chars breaking things.

Where are you getting the extra 10 shows? I'm trying to reproduce and not seeing it on the /feed url.
just been looking round the site on profiles, theres a lot with shows 'added' but none watch, how does that work, how do you add a show, and whats the purpose of adding?
Some have only joined in m,id november, and already have over 2000 episodes added..hows it work??
thanks
@falafael: you can add shows within the site that you have watched allready so you don't have to watch all of your shows again to have them appear on your page. Although Personally I think the added should be removed and changed to "watched".

Would also be nice for the plugin to automatically do this by scanning your watched shows in XBMC.

Also to add, any chance of a face book app for this?
Yes, "watched" is something sent from the xbmc plugin while "added" is something manually added from the website. The main reason they are different statuses is because we want the site to have accurate data for things that have actually been watched. If we counted manually added things it would make the stats much less accurate. Unfortunately we know that some members will simply add every single show to boost themselves in the rankings.

On the other hand, we know its nice to show on your profile all of the shows you've watched using trakt and before. That is why you your profile reflects both watched and added things.

You can add episodes or seasons to your library, there are buttons on each of those pages. I will be adding a button to add an entire show to your library soon.

@Death-Axe we are looking into the scanning. And facebook and twitter integration is coming.
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
rectifyer Wrote:I will be adding a button to add an entire show to your library soon.

@Death-Axe we are looking into the scanning. And facebook and twitter integration is coming.

Thank you!!
-stoli-
Love the addon! Just found it yesterday. Smile

Really cool, and I appreciate that manually added episodes show up as added instead of watched.

I'd also love a rss-feed where I can get status for what episode that a user is currently watching (could also be included in the recently watched - would be the same as last.fm's)

Thanks for the great work so far!
I was trying to add the show journeyman but wasnt able to find it in your db, I guess that no one tried to "scrobble" it and thats why I could not find it. Maybe a feature to manually poll data from thetvdb for regular users?

Also, trying to add House manually only returned 24 different shows, none of them was the real "House"
kjuu Wrote:I was trying to add the show journeyman but wasnt able to find it in your db, I guess that no one tried to "scrobble" it and thats why I could not find it. Maybe a feature to manually poll data from thetvdb for regular users?

Also, trying to add House manually only returned 24 different shows, none of them was the real "House"

Good idea, I'll make a way to request a show be added. I added Journeyman for you at http://trakt.tv/show/journeyman. For house you can find it at http://trakt.tv/show/house.
rectifyer Wrote:Good idea, I'll make a way to request a show be added. I added Journeyman for you at http://trakt.tv/show/journeyman. For house you can find it at http://trakt.tv/show/house.

cool. thanks!
Yeah it's as I said earlier, not all shows.. show up on your site. Thanks for adding journeyman.
If you let me know what shows you needed added, I can do that later for you. Names and tvdb id's would be easiest for me if you have that. Note that if you watch it from xbmc it will pull the new show on demand in trakt, its just manually adding shows to your library that needs the shows added this way.
Ok no probs, thanks for all your hard work.

Side question, you planning on a movie version?
Yeah its almost ready. The last plugin revision was collecting movie info correctly and we should be able to pre-fill in what you are currently watching movie-wise. Justin is working on the page views and what not for this.

I'm looking at extending the plugin functionality now that the bugs seem to be calming down.
@ rectifyer, thanks for explaining the reason for add-ons, personally i don't see the point, as you mention, there will always be some sad people who will make oout they have watched a show when they haven't, just to get up the rankings..sorry but thats a sad exercise in my eyes.
Overall though i do like the plug-in, and look forward to the movie one as well!
Thanks!
Would'nt it be cool to have total percent watched of the shows on your profile page instead of "174 plays" for a specific show? And sort by percentage instead Smile

Then I would'nt have to have Smallville first on my profile page Tongue

Also a quick way of knowing if you missed something. Even 174/174 would be nice Smile
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Trakt.tv (Plugin) TV and Movie Scrobbler Addon10