• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Trakt.tv (Plugin) TV and Movie Scrobbler Addon
sorry but i don't understand what to do with this script?
i've read the docs but still don't know what to do with it.
how do i make it work?
What happens when we add new movies to our xbmc library, is the addon picking them up and submitting them to trakt.tv?
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

psike Wrote:sorry but i don't understand what to do with this script?
i've read the docs but still don't know what to do with it.
how do i make it work?

Download the PHP script.
Install php5-cli and php5-curl:
Code:
sudo apt-get install php5-cli php5-curl
Edit the trakt-import.php file and type in your username, password, API key etc.
Run the script in a terminal:
Code:
php trakt-import.php
any instructions for windows, how to run PHP files?
BurningSky Wrote:Download the PHP script.
Install php5 and php5-curl:
Code:
sudo apt-get install php5 php5-curl
Edit the trakt-import.php file and type in your username, password, API key etc.
Run the script in a terminal:
Code:
php trakt-import.php

Shouldnt this be built in to the addon? The addon share.tv scrapes all your movies and put them online.. why cant this addon do the same?

I think both developers from trakt and share.tv should get together and do one addon and site.. I think the outcome would be alot more beneficial for the community. They both seem to be awesome addons and putting both developers together means two heads better than one. My personal opinion. also no offense to the developers.. great job and I am happy as can be with the development on this addon.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
psike Wrote:any instructions for windows, how to run PHP files?

Hmm... I think you need XAMPP for Windows:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
Hi, I have a 1ste gen ION (ASRock 330pro). Is it possible that this script causes some hickups in playback because of the slow cpu? Every once in a while playback kinda slows down / "looks like but isn't tearing" occurs. Sound play normal though. Anyone same problems or does this script have a small footprint and need I look elsewhere?

Love the concept in every way! Keep up the good work Wink
Instructions in windows computer:

0) Install php from the website and make an alone installation
1) Open CMD
2) Go to php installation path
3) My recomendation is to copy the trakt-import.php into the php dir
4) Edit personal data in the php file (open with any txt editor)
5) in CMD you have to put "php trakt-import.php" without the quotes

I hope everyone can understand me (my English is a little poor Big Grin)

Cheers!
Getting PHP installed should be easy. OSX has it built in, linux you can just apt-get like BurningSky said. Windows you can install from http://windows.php.net/download/ or XAMPP would work too like BurningSky said.

I just wanted to get something out there, thus the PHP script. Really, it is the trakt API calls that are interesting, the PHP script is just a proof of concept on how you can use them. Also planning to add similar calls for tv shows when I get a chance.

The focus of trakt is realtime scrobbling more than just mirroring your xbmc library. However, I do see the benefit of wanting your library synced and seeing what you've watched and haven't watched yet - that is why these API calls and php script are being created.

@Senne could be possible, but we haven't noticed any issues on our end. For me personally, I have a very low end ION system (single core, slowest proc) and it plays 1080p with no stuttering and trakt running.
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
rectifyer Wrote:@Senne could be possible, but we haven't noticed any issues on our end. For me personally, I have a very low end ION system (single core, slowest proc) and it plays 1080p with no stuttering and trakt running.

same here, running fine on asrock ion330
Thx for the feedback. Guess I need to fiddle around w/ the settings a bit more and check if it could be the TV (framerate etc,or some xbmc drivers).
Lots of possibilities for the Trakt API, I'm still trying to get my head around what can be achieved Smile

- Recent comments about a film before you watch
- How many people watched this film
- Popularity charts

It opens up a whole new world in social media I think Smile
Indeed can't wait for the integration of social media and the recommendation part ^^ Just love it. Playback seems fine now, yet I did not change a thing.. Computers, psh.
Really you should do a blog, at least a tumblr and post changelogs every time you change something!

Today i've found the button add movie to the library <3 Thanks for the work in this web, it's amazing how fast it's evolving!
Great addon, really looking forward to new features! I have added my movies to my trakt library with the php script (too bad it doesn't do tv shows yet), but when i cannot see the full library in my profile. Just 6 random ones. When i click on the library link: http://trakt.tv/user/sinvida/library/movies it says: Nothing to show for this library view.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Trakt.tv (Plugin) TV and Movie Scrobbler Addon10