• 51(current)
[RELEASE] Trakt.tv (Plugin) TV and Movie Scrobbler Addon
That sounds awesome Manromen, I am definitely interested in checking your plugin out as I'm sure lots of others will be too!

Not sure if you've implemented 2 way sync (XBMC > trakt & trakt > xbmc) or not. We have all the API calls do it, let me know if you need any info on those.
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
Hi rectifyer,

yeah, i have a 2 way implementation sync. seen movies/tvshow episodes in xbmc will be marked as seen on trakt and seen movies/tvshows on trakt will be set as seen on xbmc.

Till yet there is no way to set a movie/tvshow episode as unseen after a sync. You have to set it as unseen at all xbmc machines and trakt by hand before the next sync.

i'll upload it at git in some hours, then you all can try it. :-)
Wow Manromen that is awesome! Great news.

One question, why you must use the lastest nightly build? There is something new in it that let you do that that wasnt in 10.0 final?
Hi Adeiko,

since Dharma, the httpapi is deprecated and it will be replaced by json rpc.
If json rpc is fully implemented the httpapi functions will be taken out at any release in the future.

So i used direclty json rpc, but to get the imdb id of a movie with json rpc, you need a nightly build. Any previous release don't has this functionality.
I need the imdb id to identify the movies and compare them with trakt.
Hi again,

I've uploaded a zip file here: script.TraktUtilities-0.1.4.zip

The git Repository is here: https://github.com/Manromen/script.TraktUtilities

I'm open for Feedback and Bug reports. :-)

Hope you will find it useful.

PS:
I've tested the scipt with xbmc version: ff701de-master-x86

[Edit]:

There is an option to enable debug mode for xbmc.log reports.
You can find the plugin under video-plugins if you want to start any function.
Nice, I took a look at the source code and it looks great! Just to clarify, it looks like you keep the collection in full sync (i.e. I removed something in xbmc it will get removed in the trakt collection) and only send things as seen (don't remove anything). Is that right?

EDIT: I read the README which answered all these questions Smile Great work, this is really awesome.

I agree that things really should never be unseen, so that makes total sense. Keeping the collection in full sync would work since that is supposed to be a representation of the media you actually have. Also, that is really cool the newest JSON api includes the IMDB/tvdb id now!

Only other thing I noticed is you can actually bake in your API key if you want and not prompt the user. The API key is more of a way we can keep track of API usage more than anything, so your key with other user credentials will work ok. It's up to you, I can create another public key too if you didn't want your is the code for some reason.
Thanks for your Feedback. Smile

rectifyer Wrote:Just to clarify, it looks like you keep the collection in full sync (i.e. I removed something in xbmc it will get removed in the trakt collection) and only send things as seen (don't remove anything). Is that right?

Yep, thats right.
I never set something as unseen and if you delete something in xbmc it gets removed from the collection, but it keeps seen.

rectifyer Wrote:Only other thing I noticed is you can actually bake in your API key if you want and not prompt the user. The API key is more of a way we can keep track of API usage more than anything, so your key with other user credentials will work ok. It's up to you, I can create another public key too if you didn't want your is the code for some reason.

Ah ok, i thought it would be bound to my account (because it's not a developer key).
I'll hardcode the API key in the code next time, for better usability. Wink
When you think its stable enough, I can add info about your plugin to the trakt download page since it is a common request that people ask for. Do you know the minimum version (or build date) that would be required to use this?
Hmmm i don't know exactly wich build date you have to use, mine is a nightly: 06-Mar-2011 09:41 xbmc-ff701de-master-x86.dmg

I'll try out some earlier versions.
I'm sure that 10.1 stable hasn't the required functions (tested it).
Hey Manromen.

Maybe a dumb question.
I just updated XBMC and installed your addon.
But, how to i run it?
Hey Hjord,

there aren't dumb questions out there. Wink

After installation you can run it in xbmc --> Videos --> Video-Add-ons --> Trakt Utilities

Edit:
on default skin you have to press left or right-arrow key on the video tab, to get to the video-add-ons
on other skins there may be another way to get there
Ah - thanks.
Had some trouble finding my video add ons.

The movie part seems to work just fine. (update and sync)
But when i try the tv show park the script fails.
Do you use tvdb to index your tvshows ?
I don't implemented support for imdb or other scraper for tvshows

if you use tvdb, may you enable debug mode and send me the xbmc.log after executing another time ?
Manromen Wrote:Do you use tvdb to index your tvshows ?
I don't implemented support for imdb or other scraper for tvshows

if you use tvdb, may you enable debug mode and send me the xbmc.log after executing another time ?

Yes, i'm using tvdb.
This is what the log says

Quote:20:05:33 T:3648 M:833208320 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:05:33 T:3648 M:832626688 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: id: script.TraktUtilities - version: 0.1
20:05:38 T:3648 M:833425408 NOTICE: Trakt Utilities: Select: 2
20:05:39 T:3648 M:845209600 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.KeyError
20:05:39 T:3648 M:845209600 ERROR: Error Contents: title
20:05:39 T:3648 M:845164544 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-fca1465\default.py", line 44, in ?
menu()
File "C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-fca1465\default.py", line 36, in menu
updateTVShowCollection()
File "C:\Users\MC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Manromen-script.TraktUtilities-fca1465\utilities.py", line 483, in updateTVShowCollection
tvshow['title'] = xbmc_tvshows['tvshows'][i]['title']
KeyError: title
20:05:41 T:2788 M:837890048 NOTICE: 'TRAKT: Resetting last update timestamp'
long' type checking
Thank you very much,

I'll fix this.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Trakt.tv (Plugin) TV and Movie Scrobbler Addon10