LiveCD, MCE Remote not working...
Question 
Hi to everyone...

I was an happy geexbox user but when I saw XBMC I had to try it! I installed the last LiveCD (based on Ubuntu 9.10) on my Acer Veriton X270 and everything was fine... except for the remote!
I'm using a Philips eHome Infrared receiver and a MCE transmitter (it has a RC-6 ir print on the back) and as far I press a botton on the transmitter I see a red light blinking on the receiver but XBMC does nothing!

I thought about an USB problem so I tried the XBMC LiveCD with my laptop, a Sony Vaio CoreDuo, but the result is the same...

Am I doing something wrong? (the pc boots with the receiver plugged in, of course! Big Grin)

thanks for the help and for the very impressive work done to release a so great Media Center software!
update... on the lunchtime I tried the XBMCfreak version (the Beta 2) and the combo (receiver and sender) worked...

mmm... strange
Smile 
as an old time geexbox user...

Edoardo Wrote:update... on the lunchtime I tried the XBMCfreak version (the Beta 2) and the combo (receiver and sender) worked...

mmm... strange

... try OpenELEC.tv :-)
greetings, Stephan

I'll try it... because I understood it is the linux base distribution the problem...

thanks again! Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveCD, MCE Remote not working...0