Dharma B3 and no audio on a specfic video
Star 
Just installed Dharma Beta3 r34752 this afternoon and found a movie.mkv H264 with no sound... I tried the movie with 3 other stand alone players and the audio worked fine, so my assumption is that the XBMC player isn't handling this well.

I tried other .mkv files without an issue... so it seems that this one is a bit more peculiar for some reason. Ember is telling me it's using the dca audio codec and I'll try to run it through handbrake to see if I can resolve this... but this is the first issue I've had with XBMC not playing a file properly... otherwise it has played just about everything I've thrown at it... at least up until now.

Anyone else experience something like this?
PatK Wrote:Just installed Dharma Beta3 r34752 this afternoon and found a movie.mkv H264 with no sound... I tried the movie with 3 other stand alone players and the audio worked fine, so my assumption is that the XBMC player isn't handling this well.

I tried other .mkv files without an issue... so it seems that this one is a bit more peculiar for some reason. Ember is telling me it's using the dca audio codec and I'll try to run it through handbrake to see if I can resolve this... but this is the first issue I've had with XBMC not playing a file properly... otherwise it has played just about everything I've thrown at it... at least up until now.

Anyone else experience something like this?

An xbmc.log with you playing this video would be good to see. use a pastebin site.
Star 
Bit messy.. I clearly haven't cleaned up the library but looking at the log gives me an idea were to start... anyway the audio issue is the Maltese Falcon

http://pastebin.ca/1962780

Ran the movie through handbrake and it plays audio fine..
Mono DTS soundtrack. You're not the only one with this issue, a sample might help fix it.

edit: fixed in Dharma beta 4.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma B3 and no audio on a specfic video0