Cannot get rid of "Random Mode" (= jukebox mode?)
I cannot get rid of that wretched "Random play Mode" (= jukebox mode?) when I play music. When I press <Enter> on a song then XBMC plays another song (randomly!) and when I press the Right arrow key then a next random (!) song is played. Clicking on the Random or Repeat buttons doesn't do anything.

I dunno which version of XBMC I have (there's no "About' sreen, or a --version command line option in XBMC). I installed from SVN yesterday to get rid of that horrible libcdio bug that causes XBMC not to recognise CD and DVD disks in one's DVD drive.

Is this another bug?
bring up the menu, then click the icon for shuffle mode - it will disable it (I assume it's a simple fix)
I am also having the same issue. Once shuffle is turned on, I can no longer turn it back off. I am using a compiled version from trunk on Linux, version pre10.5 r34579. I'm new to XBMC on Linux but have used it on the old MS XBOX for years. I'm assuming the trunk is a beta snapshot and not a nightly build. I'm still looking for clarification on how the releases work.

z
Nope. Trying to disable shuffle mode won't work. And I too became addicted to XBMC a long time ago, when everything worked great. But that (old) version of xbmc cannot be installed anymore in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.
See bug track ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10517. Wonder when it will be fixed...
Thanks for submitting that. I find it weird we seem to be the only two. Seems like it would be a larger bug than that.
Ticket updated, please take a look.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I updated my SVN version. Problem gone. Smile
xbmcuser01 Wrote:I updated my SVN version. Problem gone. Smile

Are you using trunk 34859 now?

z
drzoo2 Wrote:Are you using trunk 34859 now?

z
Dunno. How do I check that?
xbmcuser01 Wrote:Dunno. How do I check that?

apt-cache policy xbmc

example
Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
  Installed: 2:10.00~svn34731-lucid1
  Candidate: 2:10.00~svn34731-lucid1
  Version table:
*** 2:10.00~svn34731-lucid1 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:9.11-lucid3 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$

-=Jason=-
Flomaster, thank you for your reply but, I do not have xmbc-live. I compiled XBMC from source code (using SVN: subversion, see: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ian/Ubuntu). So I cannot check what I have w/ apt because I did not install a pakage (= precompiled package of libraries and software).

However, when I press "S" in xbmc and choose the "I' for info, it says:
Quote:XMBC PRE-10.5 r34783 (compiled okt 16 2010)

If you you use xbmc-live then you do not have the option to install a new version of xbmc, you're dependent on thew xbmc version that the xbmc-live maker chose for you I think...
I'm using the latest version from trunk, 34870 (34869 if you look in system-->info) and I still have the problem. This is compiled from source. When I updated I left the ~/.xbmc directory intact.

Since this is my first experience with XBMC on Linux, when selecting shuffle, is there an indicator that should show?

I can turn it on but not off. I have to restart XBMC in order to fix the issue.

z
drzoo2 Wrote:I have to restart XBMC in order to fix the issue.

z
Aha. That's probably what fixed it for me...
Latest version in trunk seems to have fixed it. There is now a visible indication when active. Goes for repeat also. Thanks to all!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot get rid of "Random Mode" (= jukebox mode?)0