Add-Ons Stay at 0% Downloaded
I just installed the third Dharma Beta and tried to go and install Add-Ons after starting it up. The first one I went into was Transmission. After clicking Install, it returns to the list where it says "Downloading 0%" next to Transmission but it never increases past that.

I think the network connection works fine because I log into the system using Putty but this doesn't seem to be doing any downloading. I've tried with other add-ons and had the same problem. Any ideas?
Please pastebin full debug log ...
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Sure. Here you go...

http://pastebin.com/XExxPQV4

That was my first time using Pastebin, so let me know if need me to do it differently at all.
Any ideas? I'm stumped. Just tried going back and downloading again after a full shutdown and still nothing.
check your .xbmc folder permission's!
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
As far as I can tell, the permissions look fine. I'm able to access it and everything. This is a fresh-install of Dharma 3 and the first thing I did after install was try to download add-ons so no settings have been touched.
Not sure what happened in that first install but I did a fresh install of Dharma 3 again and now it seems to work fine.
Actually, I'm not out of the clear yet... I was able to get Transmission but now I'm trying to download skins and they just stay at 0%. Is there something wrong with my installation? Or some other setting I might be overlooking?
Sorry to keep spamming this thread but I'm still stumped about this. I've tried redownloading the iso then reinstalling Dharma 3 and everything else I can think of but I still get the same problem. I started up xbmclive for the first run, I downloaded Transmission from the add-ons then went to download a skin and it just stays at 0% then whenever I try to download any other add-ons they're all stuck at 0%. Any ideas at all about settings I should check? I can't think of what settings might be messed up on my end that could be causing this annoying problem.
Curl is failing on pretty much everything. Looks like your net connection is flaky.

TheUni
Hmm, interesting, many thanks! I'll look at that part of it... My connection from other computers seems fine so I'll look into how it's hooked up into that computer specifically...
theuni Wrote:Curl is failing on pretty much everything. Looks like your net connection is flaky.

TheUni

Sorry, I've searched all around but it may be easier to ask... Can someone direct me towards a guide that will help fix network issues in Live? This hasn't been an issue for me in the past so I don't know what's suddenly different but maybe I need to adjust some things in the terminal or in the settings? I'm going crazy after four days without XBMC working because of this problem.
I am having the same issue. Did you ever get it worked out?
Unfortunately, no. I literally just created another thread because I went back 10 pages and couldn't find this one to bump...
I have the same problem, curl fails to download the files. It seems this is due to a very short timeout: I can download the files with firefox, but it takes a while; xbmc gives up too soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-Ons Stay at 0% Downloaded0