Marked as watched issue
I noticed that movie on the list is marked as "watched" even if I watch it a few seconds!
I'm using simply configured external player but with build one is the same.
This issue is present in all skins so it's XBMC bug.
Please advice.
What version of XBMC and what operating system?

By default a film is marked as watched if you have watched more than 90% of it. This is controlled by a setting in advancedsettings.xml:

<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>

I don't know how this works with an external player.

On Drharma beta 3 on my PC the watched flag works normally.

JR
Drharma beta 3 on Win Vista.
External player: KMPlayer, simply config in playercorefactory.xml:
Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="KMplayer" type="externalplayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\KMPlayer\KMplayer.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
A few seconds played and is marked as watched every time.
I've tried it here and it does indeed mark the film as watched after a few seconds. I also tried using mplayer as an external player and that does the same.

I would have to go through the source code to be sure, but I would guess that because it's an external player XBMC has no way of knowing how much of the film you've watched. So with external players the watched flag just indicates that you started watching the film rather than that you watched it all the way through.

It isn't obvious to me how XBMC would know that you watched the film to the end. I suppose XBMC could be timing how long you're watching while the external player is running, but then that isn't reliable as you might pause the film part way through. I suspect the current behaviour is the best that can be done.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:By default a film is marked as watched if you have watched more than 90% of it. This is controlled by a setting in advancedsettings.xml:

<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>

Is possible to turn off this function by changes in some xml file?
jhsrennie Wrote:I've tried it here and it does indeed mark the film as watched after a few seconds. I also tried using mplayer as an external player and that does the same.

I would have to go through the source code to be sure, but I would guess that because it's an external player XBMC has no way of knowing how much of the film you've watched. So with external players the watched flag just indicates that you started watching the film rather than that you watched it all the way through.

It isn't obvious to me how XBMC would know that you watched the film to the end. I suppose XBMC could be timing how long you're watching while the external player is running, but then that isn't reliable as you might pause the film part way through. I suspect the current behaviour is the best that can be done.

JR

iirc this has been raised before, and is expected behaviour when using an external player.
So I understand that it is not possible to completely disable "marked as watched" function on demand by the user editing any xml file?
I tried to install the old Babylon 9.04 and surprise: all is OK. It does not mark as watched even using external player. So this is Dharma issue.
BlackJack1 Wrote:So I understand that it is not possible to completely disable "marked as watched" function on demand by the user editing any xml file?
I tried to install the old Babylon 9.04 and surprise: all is OK. It does not mark as watched even using external player. So this is Dharma issue.

No it was in other versions pre Dharma, your find using external player with Babylon you now have to manually mark as watched when using external player it wont happen automatically this is why it was changed to mark them instantly as jhsrennie said there's no way xbmc can know how much has been watched in an external player all xbmc does is launch the player nothing else
I do understand there is no way using external player xbmc can know about watching time but I think will be great to give user a chance to disable "automatic mark as watched" function in xbmc menu - on/off switch. Many external player users will be grateful Smile
Some skins you can turn off the watched overlay

BTW the reason it gets marked this way is because people wanted them mark automatically when using an external player things don't get added if they don't want them

Check out the external player development thread
i have committed support for this in r34937. can be achieved by setting miminumplaycountpercentage to 101.
spiff Wrote:i have committed support for this in r34937. can be achieved by setting miminumplaycountpercentage to 101.

Is it just me or does that feel like a hack? A new <disablewatchedflag> option seems a reasonable (if rarely necessary) option, but setting a percentage to 101?

JR
it's a hack as such. but it comes for free, no extra code needed...
spiff Wrote:i have committed support for this in r34937. can be achieved by setting miminumplaycountpercentage to 101.
Will be included in Dharma beta4?
BlackJack1 Wrote:Will be included in Dharma beta4?

Yes.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Marked as watched issue0