• 37(current)
[Closed] TvTunes Addon
ronie Wrote:i'm in the same boat as you are.
i've spend hours yesterday to track down the issue, but can't put my finger on it.

by the looks of it, all os.path.exists() calls to smb shares don't work at all.

i don't think the script is to blame, as i'm having the same issue with a number of other scripts.

Ah right that makes sense - I was having some issues with the randomitems script as well.
Love this addon Smile
Sharpe Wrote:Hey ppic mate - is there a problem with using tvtunes over SMB content using the current XBMC nighties? I thought I read there was but can't say for certain. No worries if it's just one of those things 'til more Eden stuff is pushed.

Cheers

in case anyone is interested:

Amet Wrote:the issue you are seeing is cos external python doesnt know what "smb://" is, that is xbmc internal protocol

I have written a wrapper functions that get used instead. here

os.path.exists() == xbmcvfs.exists(path)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
yes, all of that is due to external python.
last news i've read, vfs wasn't pushed in python, i'm not using nigthlyes for now, i may need some time to adapt Wink
Just a bit of feedback. Updating to tvtunes 0.9.0 broke the themes on my system but they worked again when 0.8.0 was reinstalled using this zip file.
your skin need to change the script call in lowercase.
i'm sorry, but how exactly do i use the wrapper function posted by Amet? it can be used as a temporary fix right?
@ppic:
small request, can we get a TvTunesIsAlive window property in the scraper too?
i would like to hide the visualization in the skin when people are pre-listening the theme file before downloading.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Shinu Wrote:i'm sorry, but how exactly do i use the wrapper function posted by Amet?
you'll have to import the module in the script
and change the os.path.exists() calls to xbmcvfs.exists()
Shinu Wrote:it can be used as a temporary fix right?

wouldn't call it temporary.
afaik, in eden, scripts need to use this wrapper if they want to access smb:// shares.
ronie Wrote:you'll have to import the module in the script
and change the os.path.exists() calls to xbmcvfs.exists()

times like this i wish i was a programmer. :o i have no idea how to import the module.
just that way :

import xbmcvfs

@ronie, yes i'll do that Wink
It says in the first post that this is available in the official repository, but i have yet to see it appear there!
JeromyNix Wrote:It says in the first post that this is available in the official repository, but i have yet to see it appear there!

i dont understand you .
Where can i download tvtunes?

Because it does not appear to be installable via XBMC.
it is, available on official xbmc repo.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Closed] TvTunes Addon5