Library export! TV Episodes NFO naming problem..
Question 
Hi!

I have a problem with the NFO filename of TV Episodes when i export my library. Nothing is wrong with XBMC thou, it does as i should, but i need to change things to fit my needs!

From the Online Manual:
Quote:TV Episodes

The *.nfo must be named exactly as the episode filename (i.e. episodename.avi and episodename.nfo) and in the same folder, allowing multiple episode and *.nfo files within the same folder. Episode names must still follow the naming convention even though you are using a custom NFO file.

Is there anyway i can change this so that the NFO file get another name than the episode name? Maybe in the advancedsettings.xml file or somewhere else?

The reason i need to do this is that i want to keep my TV Series as they where downloaded with proper name as released and the correct nfo file with info about the release Smile

Heres my structure and my problem (example)

/Series/Futurama/Season 4/Futurama.4x01.Roswell_That_Ends_Well.DVDRip_XviD-FoV

In that folder all the rar files are named exactly as the directory name and also my original NFO file that comes with the episode. So when i export my library XBMC overwrite my NFO file containing the release info with the XML Data NFO file generated by XBMC Sad this is not a problem in most cases due to the filenames in the release differs from the Directory name but in some cases like this there will be problems!

I would like to tell XBMC to add something to the beginning of the exported NFO file.. Like "tv-the_name_of_the_episode.nfo" or something? Just so it differs from the Directory name.. and then have it to look for that file when scanning the library later on..

Can this be done or do i have to alter some hardcoded stuff? I'm just a regular human with no programming skills at all Sad

I hope somebody understand my problem and can help!

Thanks for taking time reading this, have a nice day Wink
just rename your release .nfo files to .info files, thats what i do. Use a bulk renamer to do it if it's easier.
Yes i thought about that to but then i can't keep seeding the torrent because it don't match up in uTorrent Sad Because i altered the content of the torrent..

I need the original release to be completely untouched.. except for adding files (in this case a extra NFO file) to the directory. All the original files still will be there and the tracker wont tell me the torrents are broken Smile

Anyway.. Thanks for the tip gabbott Wink
Maybe there's a way to tell XBMC to name the exported nfo files to .INFO instead of .NFO?? That would solve my problem Smile

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library export! TV Episodes NFO naming problem..0