Total Noobie would like help starting over
I have been playing around with XBMClive and would like to remove it from the harddrive and do a fresh install of the latest Beta 4.

The problem is, I really don't know how to do it. I am not very experienced in anything but Windows, so this OS is totally foreign to me.

Could someone please point me in the right direction, so that I can remove/reformat my Hard drive and start out with a clean install.

Thanks
you are in luck. It is exactly the same as in windows!
Insert CD and start the installer.

EDIT: ok, some additional info: The installer will take you to the partioner where you can delete and create partitions. Select manual or "Guided - use entire disk".
Thanks, I wasn't sure if just doing the install of cdrom would do it, or whether I would have to do anything else.
Just be careful with the partiioner...I think the default selection will be to install the new system next to the old...you have to chnage that as mentioned above.
vikjon0 Wrote:Just be careful with the partiioner...I think the default selection will be to install the new system next to the old...you have to chnage that as mentioned above.

So, like if I did this, and let it set the partion, instead of manually, then it would get confused when I start it up, and want to maybe give a selection of what one to use?

Okay, yes I did do this, didn't real know better, but now I do. So I will redo it tonight with the latest Beta.

Thanks
If you don't have anything else on the hard drive besides xbmc, just choose "Use entire disk", which I believe is the default last I checked (I could be wrong). That way, you wipe your entire hard drive and put XBMC on it. No 'old versions' will be left.
That did the trick. Things didn't see quite right before, but now with XBMCFreak beta 4 loaded on my Zotac Zbox, everything seems to be running super.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Total Noobie would like help starting over0