comcast 3-device remote issue
so, after spending several hours yesterday attempting to get ANYTHING to happen with button presses from my comcast 3-device remote, on my Acer Revo 1600 setup running Dharma Beta 4, with a no-name generic MCE remote IR receiver, i'm stumped.

the MCE remote that the IR Receiver came with, seems to work to a degree. the arrow buttons and stop, play, etc... all work out of the box, no configuration necessary. if i bounce out to the command line and run irw, the button presses seem to just be sending keyboard commands, not what i have seen as irw output from other posts. i get somehting like this:

Code:
^[[@c

instead of

Code:
000000037ff07be9 00 Play mceusb

and no matter what code i use to program the AUX button my the remote, i get nothing at all from irw.

I'm definitely a linux newb but have been picking things up at a pretty rapid pace, and just have that feeling that i'm missing something stupid easy about lirc.

my lirc.conf is still the default that would be found in: /usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb

and my hardware.conf is also the out-of-the-box variant:

Code:
REMOTE="Windows Media Center Remotes (new version Philips et al.)"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_mceusb2"
REMOTE_DRIVER=""
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lircd.conf"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""
START_LIRCD="true"
START_LIRCMD=""
LOAD_MODULES=""
LIRCMD_CONF=""
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"

and i suspect that may be the problem, as my comcast remote isn't an MCE remote, but using a code for the XBMX dvd player found in the comcast manual.

so, is my suspicion that i'm just missing a simple yet crucial step correct?
i should also note that this has been covered on the forums in various ways, but after a couple hours of searching and/or trial and error last night, i haven't really found anything that i was able to leverage, thus far.

so, sorry if there's a searchable topic i missed that covers this in more depth than whatever it was a tried.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
comcast 3-device remote issue0