Cannot Add Sources to Video Library / No Context Menu [debug log posted]
I am new XBMC, but an avid HTPC user for over 4 years. Several years ago I tried XBMC but it wasn't quiet ready for HD playback at the time. New features have brought me back to try once again, however, I am having some fundamental issues that don't seem to be regular issues.

1. I am using the XBMC 9.11 (Camelot) build for Windows downloaded from the XBMC.org website Nov 18, 2010
2. Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit with latest Windows Updates
3. C2D 2.2 GHz
4. 4GB Ram
5. 8800 GT, NVIDIA Driver 196.21
6. Realtek... something something, doesn't matter
7. Probably unrelated, but running an Unraid server for media storage
8. XBMC Revision (9.11 Camelot)
9. Cannot add sources to Video Library. Also, no context menu exists (eg. press "c" and nothing happens). Pretty much, when in the Video Library... there is nothing you can do but exit. Furthermore, manually editing the sources.xml file makes no difference, the Video Library screen remains blank. This problem only exists in the Video Library. Music, Pictures, and program menus are able to add sources and their context menus are available.
10. http://pastebin.com/aqYdSkWK
11. MediaINFO isn't really necessary for this problem since I haven't managed to get that far yet.

Thanks in advance for any help. I love the idea of XBMC, but it just never seems to work for me for one reason or another. I am really hoping this time is different... though it's a bad omen when basic functionality doesn't even work...
You're probably best installing the Dharma release candidate instead (from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/).

Given that you have a problem with the installation I wouldn't upgrade, I'd uninstall then delete C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC and C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC.

JR
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try and post back if it works.
On point 9. "Cannot add sources to Video Library. Also, no context menu exists (eg. press "c" and nothing happens). Pretty much, when in the Video Library"

Are you trying to add sources within the Video Library or in Video Files (file view).
live4ever Wrote:Are you tyying to add sources within the Video Library or in Video Files (file view).

I believe I'm using the video library (as I don't know what file view is). By Video Library I am referring to when you are in the XBMC home screen and you select "Videos". The debug log contains my navigating from the "home" screen to the Video Library, back to the "home" screen, and then to another library (music or pictures, I can't remember at the moment). The second library properly lists options to add sources as well as previosuly added sources. The context menu also works as expected. In contrast, no source options are listed in the Video Library and the context menu is disabled.
When you click on the "videos" from the home screen, that brings you into the library mode. This only shows what you have already added to the library. You can press left (i use a remote, I think the left arrow will do the same thing or hover the mouse on the left side of the screen) to bring up a side menu, then disable the library button. This will be file mode where you can add sources and set content.
I just wanted to reply with what worked for me.

I first tried using file view to add sources. This actually worked and I was able to add my movies folder. However, I could not got back to Video Library as the option was greyed out. There was also a problem with playback.

So I uninstalled XBMC 9.11 and installed the Dharma RC1. Right from the start everything is working. I was able to add a video source and playback works great.

Thanks to everyone for their help!
I was having the same problem in Dharma RC1. While in "Library Mode" of the Videos section, I did not have the Add Source button. It seemed to me at the time like I wasn't able to get "back" far enough in the video library structure to be presented with that option in the context menu.

I was able to resolve this by switching out of library mode and adding a second video source. Once I had a second video source, and I switched back into Library Mode, I could get one level further up in the tree and was easily able to access the add source function again. Maybe there's something slightly different happening when only a single source is present in the library. Or....it could have been a coincidence. Smile
@ rbrohman I think our problems with adding video library sources differ slightly. I did not have any options when I was in the Video Library. When I switched to File Mode, I was able to add a video source, but then I was not able to switch back as the option was greyed out and inoperative. Moving to the Dharma RC1 build fixed this problem completely for me as well. So it looks like what fixed my problem isn't going to help fix yours since you are already on the Dharma RC1 build. Sorry I couldn't be more help, good luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Add Sources to Video Library / No Context Menu [debug log posted]0