• 449(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Some strage happens to my Advanced Launcher.

I've made a launcher to launch the NETFLIX APP for windows 10, using NetflixControlerRemote, and, well, working like a charm. I've make using the option Stand Alone (normal executable).

BUT, I made too a launcher for my Sega Saturn Emulator, using the option Files Launcher (e.g. game emulator), finished, add itens, all normal. But when i press ENTER to enter in the launcher, I've receive the error message "target category not found".

I've look on topic, and the "solution" was a recover a backup because the file "lauchers.xml" may be corrupt. So, i've restore the backup, and the erro remain. So, i've decide to DELETE EVERYTHING and start fresh. Same problem.

Now, my launchers.xml is 100% ok. I have a WORKING launcher to netflix app, but NONE of my emulator working.

If I select the option "Query launcher (Adv.L. Search engine)" I can select "by plataform" and the new launcher (in the case, Sega Saturn) working.

Now I Have a Netflix App working, a Saturn emulator NOT working, and a Sega Saturn (the same Saturn, but using the Query launcher) emulator working.

Some ideias? Addon Problem? Black Magic? God interference?

BTW, follow the log to the experts.

Thanks

http://pastebin.ca/3595193
I vote for embedding the whole launcher approach of AL into the Kodi core. Just like have the Movie, TV Show, Music sections you can have a Launcher section (or dynamic like sections named after the launcher) with ofcourse storing data in SQLite/MySQL just like the others.

This would make Kodi even more customizable, or at least easier. Also if you add rom launchers with Retroarch you have a nice in-between solution untill they merge the Retroplayer fork with the Kodi master branch.
Using sqlite/mysql would probably solve some loading/speed issues if you have a big collection of roms.

Now for something different. I am trying to get my rom launcher to work on my (rooted) Android using /system/bin/am to start the app. It is failing and saying that it cannot find /system/bin/am . Anyone an idea?
Hi! i'm using advanced launcher to run some games in my kodi dedicated PC. I want to know if there is any way to close kodi when the game is launched, and to start it again when i close the game.
(2016-05-09, 02:09)sagrath Wrote: Some strage happens to my Advanced Launcher.

I've made a launcher to launch the NETFLIX APP for windows 10, using NetflixControlerRemote, and, well, working like a charm. I've make using the option Stand Alone (normal executable).

BUT, I made too a launcher for my Sega Saturn Emulator, using the option Files Launcher (e.g. game emulator), finished, add itens, all normal. But when i press ENTER to enter in the launcher, I've receive the error message "target category not found".

I've look on topic, and the "solution" was a recover a backup because the file "lauchers.xml" may be corrupt. So, i've restore the backup, and the erro remain. So, i've decide to DELETE EVERYTHING and start fresh. Same problem.

Now, my launchers.xml is 100% ok. I have a WORKING launcher to netflix app, but NONE of my emulator working.

If I select the option "Query launcher (Adv.L. Search engine)" I can select "by plataform" and the new launcher (in the case, Sega Saturn) working.

Now I Have a Netflix App working, a Saturn emulator NOT working, and a Sega Saturn (the same Saturn, but using the Query launcher) emulator working.

Some ideias? Addon Problem? Black Magic? God interference?

BTW, follow the log to the experts.

Thanks

http://pastebin.ca/3595193

Hi, I have the same problem... In Kodi 17 test build for Raspberri Pi's LibreELEC, I can launch standalone apps like retroarch or emulationstation, but the emulators list don't show me the roms, it gives me the same error... going back in test build I discovered it started happening in this version:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2192054

The annoying thing is not knowing what is this related with in order to try to fix the addon manually...

If someone has any clue...

thanks!
It happens on Krypton Version, If i use Jarvis Version, works fine. Not Skin relate.
(2015-12-15, 23:25)Rufoo Wrote: I sent Angelscry a message and he graciously seems to have no problems with me building a variant of it (naturally, full credits for the base work will go to him). So, as said before, I may work on this as a leisurely pursuit and if things work out I will release it in conjunction with my next batch of SexyCirrus views.

SexyCirrus Expanded is my primary concern for now, this is something on the side and there is no dedicated timeline for release but here's what I intend to add (or already have in some instances).
  • Add Wikipedia as a scraper.
  • Removal of defunct Allgame scraper.
  • Addition of <rating> flag with scraping from TheGamesDB or manual entry.
  • Support for Developer flags (alongside studio).
  • Maybe add a players flag to be scraped from TheGamesDB.
  • The ability to scrape technical data for systems from Wikipedia (CPU, Media Type, etc...)

Open to suggestions for other ideas. The plugin will he universal like the original and all skins should be able to use the Wikipedia scraper as well as assign these new flags, reading / displaying them will be another story as that is skin dependent but, as a shameless plug, you can be sure my SexyCirrus views will do so from the get go.

Hi Rufoo,

I'm glad that you start development of a AL variant !
In my opinion, AL users (retrogamer !) waiting for advanced filter like "number of player" and eventually displaying multi genre !
Currently, it is for me the only thing missing to definitively replace RCB !
That's will be great...

I hope you go at the end your project !

Congratulations !
the big problem with AL is that in upcoming Kodi 17 it does not work!!!!
If only any user would know how to fix it...
advanced emulator launcher is working in k17, but is it intended to replace this?
This is a great addon. I don't want to see it get left behind.
(2016-07-28, 05:13)sudopinion Wrote: advanced emulator launcher is working in k17, but is it intended to replace this?

Advanced Emulator Launcher is based off AL so they share many similarities. The difference is AEL brings in a lot of new improvements and is continually adding them. Nothing is intended to "replace" AL but AL is on the fast path to death due to redudancy and Wintermute0110, the author of AEL, knowing this has graciously poured his time into it.

Simpliest way put, AEL is AL if it was maintained and advanced in the present day.

While it isn't completely ready for prime-time yet, Wintermute0110 has made amazing strides and does so with quite a regularity. So unless by some miracle, AL springs back to life, AEL is the future and you can relax because you don't lose any AL features from it. Smile

Did I mention AEL is fast too?
ok, let's try AEL then!
(2016-07-28, 05:13)sudopinion Wrote: advanced emulator launcher is working in k17, but is it intended to replace this?

Since Advanced Launcher development seems to be abandoned, the original idea behind Advanced Emulator Launcher (AEL)/Advanced MAME Launcher (AML) was to improve Advanced Launcher by eliminating the race conditions that corrupted launchers.xml from time to time, making it faster, scalable to collections of many thousands of ROMs, adding a robust in-plugin favourite ROM section and modernising the code. Some features (like global searches) have been removed due to the new plugin design. Those features (after a big development effort...) have been already achieved. However, both AEL and AML are still in a development stage, undergoing big changes and are not ready yet for the masses.

Stay tuned over the following weeks/months.
(2016-07-28, 11:38)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Since Advanced Launcher development seems to be abandoned, the original idea behind Advanced Emulator Launcher (AEL)/Advanced MAME Launcher (AML) was to improve Advanced Launcher by eliminating the race conditions that corrupted launchers.xml from time to time, making it faster, scalable to collections of many thousands of ROMs, adding a robust in-plugin favourite ROM section and modernising the code. Some features (like global searches) have been removed due to the new plugin design. Those features (after a big development effort...) have been already achieved. However, both AEL and AML are still in a development stage, undergoing big changes and are not ready yet for the masses.
Stay tuned over the following weeks/months.

I have been trying to use ael the last couple of days and can't add roms by letting ael search the system. I can however add them one by one, so I figure I can add them programmatically as I intend to support this plugin for romjacket.
(2016-07-28, 19:12)sudopinion Wrote: I have been trying to use ael the last couple of days and can't add roms by letting ael search the system. I can however add them one by one, so I figure I can add them programmatically as I intend to support this plugin for romjacket.

You mean the ROM scanner is not working for you? Please open a bug report on Github and let discuss there.
hello every one, just learn about AEL and I have one question: if I install it does it remove ( take place) of my old advanced launcher add on?
Thanks for keeping this wonderful add on alive!!
Cheers
(2016-07-29, 07:49)bakito Wrote: hello every one, just learn about AEL and I have one question: if I install it does it remove ( take place) of my old advanced launcher add on?
Thanks for keeping this wonderful add on alive!!
Cheers

No, AEL and AL are separate add-ons. Smile
  • 449(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24