• 58(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
is it possible when scanning roms via internet...... to disable the date?

instead of Pacman (1981)...... just Pacman.

I might use the scanning fonction instead of manual in the future since I'm having problems Smile
Angelscry Wrote:To be honest, I'm not really sure now that I will add the pre and post command line support to the launcher. No

Ok, I get your point... maybe it's too much to ask. I'll try to figure out a good script and will post my results here.
But thanks anyway for your great work!

Edit: So here is my work so far.
ALA points to a start.sh (per emulator), which looks like this:
Code:
sudo xboxdrv --detach-kernel-driver --id 0 --led 10 --deadzone-trigger 10% --trigger-as-button --dpad-as-button --dpad-only --ui-buttonmap GUIDE=exec:/home/xbmc/games_closer.sh --silent &
sleep 1
zsnes -m -s -v 22 "$1"
My launchers.xml of course still contains "%rom%" in the arguments, otherwise I wouldn't get any roms passed on.

It's working great! Wink
kevenz Wrote:is it possible when scanning roms via internet...... to disable the date?

instead of Pacman (1981)...... just Pacman.

I might use the scanning fonction instead of manual in the future since I'm having problems Smile
You could :
  • Manually edit each rom info and delete the date field value
  • Edit the skin to not show date info.
There is no option into the Advanced Launcher to hide this option.
I would like to change the sorting order for my emulators (to show by date rather than alphabetically). Is this a skin related or ALA?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Great idea, I'd like that too. I can't test atm, but normaly you can choose the value to order after - so it'd be skin related. However I don't know if Alaska (an example) grabs the date... *hm*
htpc guy Wrote:I would like to change the sorting order for my emulators (to show by date rather than alphabetically). Is this a skin related or ALA?
I think it`s ALA (you can only search for title, not year from within options C), and in any other case XBMC, nothing to do with the skin.
KiSUAN Wrote:Maybe if I could fetch the gamesys as another info label beside platform this could be a lot easier and we would have to mess with the year or studio fields, Tagline for example, I tried to MOD AL for it, but I don't know squat of python or pluggings and only get to broke the plugging, maybe if angel is up to it :p, because I don't think that putting a ticket to get platform info label will have much result.
But me I can easily do it. Do you want the gamesys assigned to which info label?
KiSUAN Wrote:I think it`s ALA (you can only search for title, not year from within options C), and in any other case XBMC, nothing to do with the skin.
I'm not sure but I think it is mostly Skin related. With the Advanced Launcher all the infos are send to XBMC using listitem array. This array contain all the items name, images and info... but are not sorted by name. So I think it is XBMC you sort them by default by title.

Actually I have never seen a skin allows to sort the program item by something else than title... but that does not mean it is not possible. I will try to see if I can modify my Alaska Revisited mod to add this functionality.

I think it is time to reduce my todo list... Wink
KiSUAN Wrote:Maybe if I could fetch the gamesys as another info label beside platform this could be a lot easier and we would have to mess with the year or studio fields, Tagline for example, I tried to MOD AL for it, but I don't know squat of python or pluggings and only get to broke the plugging, maybe if angel is up to it :p, because I don't think that putting a ticket to get platform info label will have much result.
It will be on the next release and will be assigned to ListItem.Writer
hi all finally i got some time can u please look at my launcher xbmc log file please. few problems firstly ala isnt inputting arguements in so i manually have to do this with mame zsnes and fusion aint a problem but still. its not launching any roms and gives script error. thank you for all your help.

http://pastebin.com/ZiuWNyZG
http://pastebin.com/eiTEQmnj

sorry and its not scraping and comes back not found.
For those interested in SNES emulators, this one seems to fly under the radar as far as mass popularity goes but is probably the best SNES emulator we have today

bsnes - http://byuu.org/

SNES9x and zsnes need to die out already, buggy and inaccurate, full of hacks just to make certain games work, correct or not.. this one is still actively being developed and has surpassed them by far in terms of accurately emulating the SNES

I've posted a request on his message boards asking for a mappable exit button, as it seems almost every single other function can already be mapped
I've been looking at bsnes quite some time now, but as long as there are no precompiled builds it probably will stay at its stage...
Just checked out Bsnes and I must say I'm pretty impressed. I had to use an older version (.70) but it all worked pretty well. I really like that it's actively worked on.

Now if only I can find a pre-compiled version that works for Windows 32-bit; it's a bit of a shame they only offer a 64-bit version.
Just found a PPA that hosts recent builds for Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/~hunter-kaller/+ar.../+packages
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24