ASRock ION 330 - soundcard muted on startup!
Exclamation 
Hi. I have a problem with my sound on startup - I've searched the forum and read different threads about audio problems, but I didn't find anything that describes my situation right away - hope somebody can help. Smile

I'm using Dharma RC1 on Asrock ION 330.

The problem is that the default soundcard is muted on startup - so everytime I have to go to the audio mixer to unmute it. Furthermore, it seems the audiomixer does not save any settings, so any audio levels I set is lost on restart.

The default audio device is called 'IEC958' and I guess port 0 is the HDMI output. The Audio mixer comes up like this everytime on startup:

Can someone please help me making it remember the audio settings, and specifically that the default device is not muted at startup.

Thanks!

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
in a terminal, as root, run alsamixer. Unmute the device. exit.
then run "alsactl store"
Thanks, it worked! How should this be reported as a bug? A bug in XBMC core, or a bug in the Audiomixer applicationHuh?

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
Lightbulb 
There is a bug in alsa that might set the sound card to muted again even after you have stored the setting. There is a fix for it in newer alsa versions. If you experience this problem and don't want to wait for the fix to reach the ubuntu repos you can follow the guide for installing the latest alsa driver that bprins posted in the ubuntu forums

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t...&p=9689755

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock ION 330 - soundcard muted on startup!0