Aeon Performance
Hi.

i have installed AEON MQ2 for Dharma 10.0, and have been using it for a few days. And i find this is one of the better skins i have come across, it looks great, especially the video OSD controls and movie library layout. but i have an issue with its performance. I find all the skins available via the add-ons such as confluence, alaska, transparency, all run quiete fast on my acer revo 3700 4gb RAM, but this skin is very sluggish and am thinking twice about using it anymore.

as soon as i have the rss feeds and weather enabled, it stutters and lags before i have control of the menu items. it really is annoying, where all i want is smooth and responsive navigation, selecting the "movies" takes about 10 seconds to load compared to about 3-5 seconds with other skins.

also i find with the other skins i have had no issues with the RSS feeds and weather turned on in the home screen.

is anyone else experiencing this with this skin, and is there anything that can be done...i have turned off visualizations that i am not using...and am using showcase only...any help is appreciated as i would like to continue using this skin.

cheers
You tried to set "720p" instead of "1080p" in skin settings?
Thanks for the response.

Yes, i had changed from 1080p to 720p backgrounds, made little difference to be honest....i have also disabled the rss feed which has made navigation considerably faster, but still slow to open Movies but bearable at the moment. but as i mentioned in my earlier post, i have been running other skins with all these options (RSS, Weather etc) enabled with no issues.
There are many skins out there, i am waiting for Fusion, next Phil is working on Aeon65 V2.0 and Zombierobot is working on a slik version of Aeon. I think you should switch to another skin till then. I am using Cirrus @ the moment.
Cheers
yeah...might as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Performance0