Revo 3700 wont play 1080p over network
I know this has been covered before but im still unable to find answers.

I have my revo 3700 xbmc live streaming over the wireless from my unraid Nas via samba shares.

Iv enabled VDPAU and set the other option to auto everything plays fine except for 1080p itl play for a few secs then stop and buffer etc etc.

I dont have a cable to try over the ethernet but my network is 100mbit and get 10,000kb/s transfer speeds between the two and same via my PC which streams the 1080p fine so im assuming its the revo.

Is there any other options am missing?
It's probably because of the wireless. Mine can play 1080p no problem via a wired network.
So you are able to stream 1080p to your PC over wireless?

Wireless is going to be spotty with running 1080p content.
yup wireless is most likely the cause. 1080i or p content
doesent go well with wireless. Especially not if you dont have good reception.

Swithc to a cable, it's fast test to settle this question Smile
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
well id use a cable except its from upstrais to downstairs however it is directly below so has good signal. surely 10,000kb/s give or take is enough to stream 1080p?

Anyone know the actual bandwidth requirements for 1080p?
You don't need a wired network to get this working right.

I also have a 3700 and I'm streaming 1080p over the WLAN just fine. The wireless NIC that comes with the unit isn't the best, it's only 1T/1R capable, which means it can get a maximum of 150 Mbps. But the bandwidth isn't the issue, it's the 1T/1R. If either one of these drops for any reason, your connection is broken. I bought a Rosewill NS-NX1 2T/2R wireless USB adapter and it's been rock solid ever since, which basically I'm using the 2T/2R as almost a redundant wireless NIC. When they're both up, I'm getting 270 Mbps, when one is up, I'm geting about 130 Mbps, which is more than enough to stream 1080p. I have yet to have an instance where they're both down.
Wireless "can" work, but it's spotty. A lot of factors can make wireless slower... things like the number of other networks around your area, the frequency you're using, metal around the access point of computer, etc.

5ghz works best since there's more actual channels to choose from and less people using it. 2.4ghz only has 3 completely seperate 20mhz wide channels, and if you force 40mhz wide (to get 300mbps) you're using 2/3rds of the entire 2.4ghz band. Which can cause problems for your neighbors. 5ghz has something like 13 completely separate 40mhz wide channels.

802.11g won't be fast enough for anything but a very low bitrate 1080p file. 802.11n, if setup right and you have a good signal, can do blu-ray rips...

To get full 802.11n speeds you need to be using wpa2 (AES) encryption and 40mhz wide channels. Otherwise you're not in spec and some devices will drop down to G speeds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 3700 wont play 1080p over network0