problems w Revo and Dharma
(posted on AVS forum too)

Hello, new here, though have lurked and gleaned much appreciated help in the past, so thanks!

I have just installed XBMC Live Dharma 10.1 (i think, whatever the current one is) on my Acer Aspire Revo R3610.

Have been running the previous XBMC live for awhile now with no problems whatsoever (except cant get 1080p res through my receiver, only when plugged into tv directly, but that's another story).

After installing Dharma I have no sound at all. My audio output device is set to custom - plug:hdmi like it was for previous release, without this setting my music would play too fast. My passthrough output device is hdmi and audio output is also hdmi. Still no sound at all.

Also my network works literally half the time. On reboot i lose network connectivity, then reboot again and it comes back. Plugged directly into linksys router and it worked like a charm on last XBMClive release.

and I still cant even see 1080p as an option in video resolution, I assume its got to do with passing through my receiver and xbmc hides resolutions that are not supported?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
thanks to someone on the avs forum, i figured out that pce was muted in audio mixer, have audio......

however now i cannot turn off subtitles in video. Using a MCE remote, the one listed in the lifehacker article, how to build a silent media centre on the cheap.

for some reason when i hit the media center green button i cant scroll to the menu to turn off subtitles. Menu comes up but cant proceed further. weird.

kind of wished i'd stayed with the previous release......

also dont know what lines to add in xorg.conf to enable 1080p, is there a guide for that somewhere?

thanks in advance

d
Guide for Acer Revos: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88369

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problems w Revo and Dharma0