sync windows and linux xbmc installs?
Hi i was wondering if it is possible to sync 2 installs of XBMC on 1 computer?
I use linux and windows and would like to have 1 XBMC database for both, so when one gets changed they are both changed.

Is that possible and how would i do it?
You just need to copy the database from the Windows install to Linux and vice versa. You'll need to do this manually, probably with a shell script. In Windows the database is in %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\Database. In Linux it's in something like $home\.xbmc\userdata\Database (I don't have a Linux install to hand to test).

However note that unless the paths to your media files are the same for both operating systems the library won't work on both.

JR
Lifehacker has an article on how to use a single database for multiple installs... Just google lifehacker xbmc sync
ive seen the lifehacker article and it is more complex than i need...i will never have two XBMCs on at once.
I was hoping i could just change a file path in the advanced_settings_file or something.
chico1st Wrote:ive seen the lifehacker article and it is more complex than i need...i will never have two XBMCs on at once.
I was hoping i could just change a file path in the advanced_settings_file or something.

I don't think there is a way to change where XBMC looks for the userdata folder.

JR
damn that sucks, can I request that functionality?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sync windows and linux xbmc installs?0