Problems with Library View
Long story short. Just switched from MediaPortal to XBMC and all seems to be going very well.

The only problem I've been having is that when XBMC scans my movie folders, it doesn't seem to add all of the movie files to the library. I can go to the folder view and play them just fine. Basically, if library view is on, then I can see most of my files. However, if it is off, then I can see all of them.

I've tried rescanning the library, but this was unsuccessful. Do you guys have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
XBMC is picky about how things are named. If you don't have the "Movie Name (Year)" nomenclature it can often not scrape the media to library mode.

I think you could very possibly be on the right track here. Let me explain a little bit more.

My Movies are named as such:
Movie Name (Year)/Movie Name.ext
The seem to be working perfectly.

My TV Shows (after re-reading my first post, I realize that I should have been more clear) are name:
<Series Name>/Season <Season Number>/<episode number> - <episode name>.<ext>
and they are the ones that are not working. What is the correct way to organize my tv show library so that it will be recognized by XBMC? I can easily write a script to convert what I have into the correct format.
Try popping the season number into the filename - found that the scraper likes that level of id.

Other conventions are OK - Series Name\Season Number\s01e01 - ep name.ext should be OK.

EDIT - just make sure that the Series Name exactly matches that of thetvdb, otherwise you'll get negative results. Good Luck.
rmk1139 Wrote:I think you could very possibly be on the right track here. Let me explain a little bit more.

My Movies are named as such:
Movie Name (Year)/Movie Name.ext
The seem to be working perfectly.

My TV Shows (after re-reading my first post, I realize that I should have been more clear) are name:
<Series Name>/Season <Season Number>/<episode number> - <episode name>.<ext>
and they are the ones that are not working. What is the correct way to organize my tv show library so that it will be recognized by XBMC? I can easily write a script to convert what I have into the correct format.

you could quite easily setup an advancesettings.xml file to allow you to pick up this format.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

the following regex is for exactly that naming structure (which is what i use)

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
Soutie, you are the man. Even if you are female, you are still the man.

It seems to be working now, thanks to everyone's help. XBMC seems like a really awesome program providing that you are willing to put in the time to make it perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Library View0