• 17(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
StarLite Wrote:I have a Q:

I am using the original EMM atm and would like to switch to this version as the new features sound promising and the original one doesn't seem to be updated at all.
Can I somehow copy the database from the original one to this version and expect it to work, or will I have to spend all night rescraping and correcting all movies and tv-shows?

You don't need the ember database at all - the whole point is that all of the data is embedded in the nfo files with the media (along with your posters etc which are *not* in the ember db!) All you need to do in revisited is add your sources and ember will happily pick up the existing nfo files.

The ember db is really only to provide a 'cache' for the gui.
I'm unsure if this was asked in this long thread already, but is supporting blu-ray nfo / fanart structures classed as important enough to be added to an upcoming emm version? Its the only part of emm thats missing that means I have to alot of manual work to move these files to the right location to be picked up by XBMC Dharma.
Tomkun Wrote:You can do what you are asking with EventGhost.

Can you elaborate on what you meant there please? I'm curious what you have set up (or what you had in mind with EventGhost).
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------
Hey guys Im having a problem with Ember recognizing the info and artwork tahts already in the folder for movies with multiple cds

example. 12 Monkeys

folder name: 12 Monkeys
files:

12 Monkeys Cd 1
12 Monkeys Cd 2
12 Monkeys.nfo
12 Monkeys.tbn

ember says that there is no artwork or nfo associated with 12 Monkeys and is basing it off the file 12 Monkeys Cd 1, so Im assuming it is looking for a 12 Monkeys Cd 1.nfo and 12 Monkeys Cd 1.tbn

is there a way to make ember see multiple cd movie by subtracting the Cd 1 and Cd 2 labels and just using the name of folder?
prophetizer Wrote:i'm talking about the XBMC Module, what exactly is the point of the module then? i thought it would sync and update the XBMC library. i don't have any scraping issues, well, i do, but thats not what i'm asking about

so does nobody use this module then? i'm uncertain exactly what it is suppose to do, why i would use it, how to set it up because it doesn't seem to work correctly. please any info would be great.
--
PBoD Wrote:That right there tells me that your .nfo files can be read by Ember, at least for your TV shows. Nevertheless, I tried to repeat your situation with a VMWare clean install of EMM-r using .nfo files generated after June 2010 via original EMM. My movie info still shows up, being read (not scraped) from my existing .nfo files.

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you haven't scraped/overwritten your movie .nfo files with XBMC or some other media scraper (e.g. Media Companion, Media Center Master, Media Browser,)?

Sorry for my late reply, I have been away on business.
Yes, i am sure. All the files are still in the directory with the movie.
I have been trying different things, and find that if when trying different ways to test, using one movie at a time (ie. I mark one movie) and go:
scrape media-marked movies-ask (or automatic)-all items
It then sees the NFO and extrathumbs, BUT once I click OK to accept, it ends up 'losing' the NFO and extrathumbs.

So to reiterate, I still have the NFO, the poster, fanart, extrathubs, jpg's, tbn's in the directory where the movie is stored.

Is there a way to force EMM to scrape from the containing folder for the movie, or is that already automatic?

Sorry, I am at a loss here, but thanks for everyone's assistance so far Smile
Running Ember 2395 on Windows XP

I originally had the sqllite table error. Thank you very much to whomever created the blank database file.

Now I am having the same issue as in post #118 about the "Object Reference not Set" when selecting a movie poster. I do understand that this is a bug with an open ticket, just wanted to say that I am also experiencing it and looking forward to a fix.

Also, it seems that none of the settings I select are being saved. I noticed this when I couldn't download a trailer. I had selected the appropriate boxes but when I was double checking myself I noticed that in fact they were not checked. So I checked them. Then I couldn't download the trailers. Went back to settings and the trailer check boxes were not checked. I then played around with different settings, "hide subtitles column," "Use Image Cache," among others. But everytime the settings were not saved. This could very well be operator error but as I recall with the old Ember you just clicked the X to close the window and the options were saved.

Lastly, a request. I store my movies in DVD format. VIDEO_TS folders with .VOB extensions. Long ago in the old version the frame extractor worked okay for me. I say okay because it would only read the first .VOB file and omit the rest. In later versions it didn't work at all with my .VOB files. I added a request and the programmer said he would try to implement full .VOB support but it never went anywhere. Any chance you could take on that task?
PBoD Wrote:Folks,

Tuscani has been kind enough to revive Ember, including setting up a source code repository, an editable wiki, a website, and a bug tracking site. So, let's use them.

It is neither wrong nor a crime to create a new bug ticket for a problem you are having with EMM-r. Try it. It's okay, really. What this does is create a "to-do" list for developers of EMM-r to solve your problems.

Aha, sorry only found this now. Will start using it.

PS. Is there a way to get ember-r to make a debug type log? The normal log only seems to work when severe errors occur.
Also only 1.2.2385 under version number. I`m using 1.2.2398
Kodi - Windows 7_x64 14.2 Helix
OpenELEC - Generic x86_64 v5.0.8
OpenELEC - Raspberry Pi2 v5.0.8
Ember media manger 1.3.0.20 (thx DanCooper)
Media Companion v3.620b (thx Vbat99)
Rashad TVRenamer 0.7 Beta 2/EPnamer v1.45
Calibre-ebook

dadino Wrote:When i update my library (first boot of ember) i get stuck at "Performing preliminary task (gathering information)".
I have files which have been scraped with old version of ember in one source, files which are just folder->movie.mkv. I've tried updating both of them or separately, same result.
I have problem either with movies and tv series.
Should i delete all the files (except the actual video)?

Tried deleting all nfo, same as before!
i can't get the image scraper to work properly, when i selected multiple in the past, i could select the size i wanted for the cover, i can no longer do this. does anybody know why? thanks.
--
prophetizer Wrote:i can't get the image scraper to work properly, when i selected multiple in the past, i could select the size i wanted for the cover, i can no longer do this. does anybody know why? thanks.

This has been fixed in v2398

download
tuscani Wrote:This has been fixed in v2398

download

Is it 2398 or 2397 as the version shows?
tuscani Wrote:This has been fixed in v2398

download

i downloaded that earlier today when i was trying to fix it. did a fresh install/setup still has the same issue

ok i just double checked and it definitely is stil having this issue
--
dragomanjk Wrote:this is where it gets the season/episode info http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...1893&lid=7
Either rename every episode to this or use the absolute option I mentioned. Absolute method will be easier... Episode 486 is S14E05. A lot of work. Just do Absolute option.

Ok, it seems like I'm not explaining my problem very well, so I think I'll just show you...

As u see from the pic, Ember sorts the episodes by season format, despite setting the episode ordering to absolute. As stated before, the episodes themselves are place in the main directory (One Piece/One Piece - 001.avi) and the Specials are in the 'Season 0' folder. It also shows the first 4 seasons as having 99 episodes. what should i change to make it scrape correctly? I really don't want to sort them by season. not only because it will be teadious, but also a number of episodes are missing from their listing from season 8....

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...4471&lid=7 (only 13 episodes listed)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One...eason_8%29 (supposed to be 35)
prophetizer Wrote:so does nobody use this module then? i'm uncertain exactly what it is suppose to do, why i would use it, how to set it up because it doesn't seem to work correctly. please any info would be great.

I used to use this all the time. IMO it was an awesome feature. It would update your library the same as if you clicked on "update library" within XBMC. But to me, the really cool feature was the real-time update or whatever it was called. Suppose you have a movie that's already been scanned into both Ember and XBMC. Then one day you decide to edit the genre or plot (or anything) of that movie in Ember. That change will not show in XBMC after you update the library because that process just adds new videos that aren't already in the XBMC library. You would have to go into the info screen for that particular movie and click refresh fort the changes to show. If you changed info for multiple movies in Ember, you would have to refresh each one individually within XBMC. "Real-time update" would sync any changes you made to a movie/TV show to the XBMC library immediately with no need to do anything within XBMC for the changes to show.

I switched to a central mysql db for XBMC a while back and that feature didn't work with it. I truly miss that feature and would love to see it back and compatible with mysql db's!
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13