• 54(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
Is anyone else periodically having trouble scraping from http://www.themoviedb.org/? It used to be working flawlessly, but in the past few days sometimes it will work, and sometimes it is completely broken.

I'm using Rogue's scraper.
Not at all, the problem is not of the scraper or EMM-r, the fact that it works sometimes and others not indicates its either something you are doing or another external problem alien to EMM-r.
KiSUAN Wrote:Not at all, the problem is not of the scraper or EMM-r, the fact that it works sometimes and others not indicates its either something you are doing or another external problem alien to EMM-r.

I'm struggling to come up with any ideas on what that might be. I get the same behavior across multiple machines. themoviedb.org resolves properly. Any ideas?

Edit: Further investigation, it seems like it may be scraper-related. At least in that it seems that it is specific movies that do not work. I've been ripping dozens of blu rays, so I can't remember the others I had to pull manually, but the most recent is Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. It'll refuse to pull themoviedb images for this movie, even though they do exist on the site. The House Bunny is another one.
Ember is not pulling my information over to XBMC. If I select a new fanart, or link a trailer for a movie that XBMC could not find; nothing makes it over to XBMC. I tried reloading the source and deleting the textures and myvideo34 files (recommended in another post), but still nothing. I am wondering if:

• Since my movies are in the original file folder structure (Blu-ray and DVD) and the film name do not match the folder name, is that causing issues?

• Is Ember pulling down too many files? The poster and fanart are being downloaded twice (see below).

• fanart
• folder
• index
• index.tbn
• index-fanart
• poster
gizmotoy Wrote:I'm struggling to come up with any ideas on what that might be. I get the same behavior across multiple machines. themoviedb.org resolves properly. Any ideas?

Edit: Further investigation, it seems like it may be scraper-related. At least in that it seems that it is specific movies that do not work. I've been ripping dozens of blu rays, so I can't remember the others I had to pull manually, but the most recent is Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. It'll refuse to pull themoviedb images for this movie, even though they do exist on the site.
So, I don't have this movie, but I just created a dummy file and folder F:\Movies\Walk.Hard.The.Dewey.Cox.Story\Walk.Hard.The.Dewey.Cox.Story.avi, which is the same for the purpose. The movie was correctly identified and plot, cast ... was correctly downloaded, the poster was correctly identified and downloaded but the fanart didn't, "No Fanart for this Movie" windows popup. I've checked themoviedb and as you said Fanart (backdrops) are available, the domain for them is the same as usual (cf1.imgobject.com) along with the "naming scheme" (/backdrops/XXX/XXXfreckinglong/moviename-original.jpg). I've tried changing various settings, including name with no success. Going through >Edit Movie>Change Fanart (download) works, it even preview the image and all, but this has no consequence at all I'm afraid.

So I'm not very much into the code of scraper and how it works, but the fact the it works in most cases (I've for one haven't come across with this problem and in the last moth I've scraped 50+ movies) and all seems normal is more than disturbing.

It's late, so up to here I will go, perhaps tomorrow I'll look further into this, but I can't warranty I could find the problem, at least there's a guide to reproduce in more detail in case someone more capable see this.
I could do with some help! The problem I got before is back. It is the same Ember.APIMaster threw and exception.

I can track it down to clsTheming to the line ParseThemes(_movietheme, "movie", Master.eSettings.MovieTheme) in the constructor. The last param seems to be empty, but I can't step into the function. Help!

Also which folder is actually used when running a debug build?
rippan Wrote:Saving posters such as movie.tbn and folder.jpg doesnt seem to work.

However, <movie>.jpg works fine.

Anyone else have this?
Hi I'm having the same issue for some reason I can't get it to create a "folder.jpg" file it'll create a "<movie>.jpg" file without any problems.

Thanks
I have the same exact problem now and then. Works perfect for weeks and then all of the sudden "No Fanart Available". I hit the site and sure enough there are at least 3 or 4 to choose from. I manually grab it and add the fanart via app and I'm back off and running.

KiSUAN Wrote:So, I don't have this movie, but I just created a dummy file and folder F:\Movies\Walk.Hard.The.Dewey.Cox.Story\Walk.Hard.The.Dewey.Cox.Story.avi, which is the same for the purpose. The movie was correctly identified and plot, cast ... was correctly downloaded, the poster was correctly identified and downloaded but the fanart didn't, "No Fanart for this Movie" windows popup. I've checked themoviedb and as you said Fanart (backdrops) are available, the domain for them is the same as usual (cf1.imgobject.com) along with the "naming scheme" (/backdrops/XXX/XXXfreckinglong/moviename-original.jpg). I've tried changing various settings, including name with no success. Going through >Edit Movie>Change Fanart (download) works, it even preview the image and all, but this has no consequence at all I'm afraid.

So I'm not very much into the code of scraper and how it works, but the fact the it works in most cases (I've for one haven't come across with this problem and in the last moth I've scraped 50+ movies) and all seems normal is more than disturbing.

It's late, so up to here I will go, perhaps tomorrow I'll look further into this, but I can't warranty I could find the problem, at least there's a guide to reproduce in more detail in case someone more capable see this.
I am have been using the old original version of ember. Have not gone to the revisited version yet. Scrapping has worked fine for me for months. As of today ember is not scrapping fannart at all. Guess other people are having the same problem?
Yep, TMDB.com isn't working at all right now, not EMM's fault...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:Yep, TMDB.com isn't working at all right now, not EMM's fault...

I can manually grab from TMDB... but Ember can't? Do you know what the hang up is?
geman777 Wrote:I am have been using the old original version of ember. Have not gone to the revisited version yet. Scrapping has worked fine for me for months. As of today ember is not scrapping fannart at all. Guess other people are having the same problem?

I am using version 1.2 and it scrapes everything except trailers fine. I just can not get XBMC to see it.
shawndavid Wrote:I can manually grab from TMDB... but Ember can't? Do you know what the hang up is?

Ok... you're right. TMDB search is broken. If I google search for the movie with TMDB.. the direct link will resolve.
Yep. It's bustakins.

-------------------------------

Manual search on the http://www.themoviedb.org is frakked too.
http://twitter.com/#!/themoviedb
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13