• 58(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
Hi I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to get the information from EMM into xbmc, I'm a bit confused as to how to go about it. So far the only thing that works for me is to manually refresh each movie and tv show and tell xbmc to not ignore local data and get from the internet. The thing is I have 300+ movies so its going to take a long time to do that. I've tried updating my library but all that does is download movies that don't have information's info from the internet. I also tried removing my movie library as a source and updating my library but that also made it download information from the internet. The last thing I tried before coming here was deleting my video .db file and starting over but that still didn't work. I followed the guide here http://dev.jumlin.com:8080/mediacenter/#structure for EMM and all the relevant data shows in EMM its just getting it into xbmc is my problem.
Ember got mentioned on this site with bit of a tutorial: http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-us...into-shape
jitaroo Wrote:Hi I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to get the information from EMM into xbmc, I'm a bit confused as to how to go about it. So far the only thing that works for me is to manually refresh each movie and tv show and tell xbmc to not ignore local data and get from the internet. The thing is I have 300+ movies so its going to take a long time to do that. I've tried updating my library but all that does is download movies that don't have information's info from the internet. I also tried removing my movie library as a source and updating my library but that also made it download information from the internet. The last thing I tried before coming here was deleting my video .db file and starting over but that still didn't work. I followed the guide here http://dev.jumlin.com:8080/mediacenter/#structure for EMM and all the relevant data shows in EMM its just getting it into xbmc is my problem.

i think what i did before was to disconnect my htpc from the internet, then try to update. then it re-added all my new movies with scraped info from ember.

not sure if there are other ways though..Huh
I use Ember to establish metadata for movies then do a full library update on xbmc - works every time. You can tell pretty quickly if xbmc has access to stored metadata based on how quickly you see the scrape complete. If your not seeing this behavior maybe confirm which version of xbmc you are running? There are differences between releases and how they coped with nfo files if you are on something old enough that could be causing trouble.
Thanks for the great program I love it.

I have two quick questions if I may..

1. Is it possible to pull all the TV Show information that XBMC has already scraped into EMM?

2. Can I scrape movies from themoviedb instead of IMDB, i have found that IMDB is missing a lot of information (Posters\Walpapers etc)
1) Export the library as nfo files from within XBMC, then scan them into EMM
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:1) Export the library as nfo files from within XBMC, then scan them into EMM

Thanks! knew there had to be an easy way.. will that include the images? (although thats not as importaint) - Edit:It prompted me for images.. awesome!
Wish i had have known I could do that years ago!

What about scrapping from themoviedb? Did that die when the new Dev took over, or is there somewhere that I can download themoviedb scraper?

Thanks!
I have now got the files in the TV show.. but they do not show up in EMM unless i select edit show and then select the file from the show location..

Is there a way to automate the import?
UserInterface Wrote:I have now got the files in the TV show.. but they do not show up in EMM unless i select edit show and then select the file from the show location..

Is there a way to automate the import?

Sounds like you are doing this the hard way - if you have configured the path for tv (edit-> settings -> tv -> files and sources) then all you need to do is update library -> tv shows -> [your source].

This works really well if you already have meta data created (eg from xbmc export) and just want it to be visible in ember (and recorded in embers internal db). What doesn't work 'reliably' is the adding of new episodes to an existing show.. sometimes ember will find them and scrape them, sometimes it finds them and doesn't scrape them. When this happens they can be seen as visible against the show with no information and you are stuck scraping a single episode / re scraping season / rescraping the whole show. You also have to do these one at a time unlike movies... this area is begging for a ""Rogues tv scraper"" fix up.. and one care to take a crack? Smile
gmk2 Wrote:Sounds like you are doing this the hard way - if you have configured the path for tv (edit-> settings -> tv -> files and sources) then all you need to do is update library -> tv shows -> [your source].

This works really well if you already have meta data created (eg from xbmc export) and just want it to be visible in ember (and recorded in embers internal db). What doesn't work 'reliably' is the adding of new episodes to an existing show.. sometimes ember will find them and scrape them, sometimes it finds them and doesn't scrape them. When this happens they can be seen as visible against the show with no information and you are stuck scraping a single episode / re scraping season / rescraping the whole show. You also have to do these one at a time unlike movies... this area is begging for a ""Rogues tv scraper"" fix up.. and one care to take a crack? Smile

Don't know, I select update library and it runs but nothing happens.
I can select it manually fine, but just does not seem to see automaticly..

I would do it one by one but the part that confuses me is the poster\banner. If I select the poster then I don't know where the banner goes and vice verser..
Hey ...
In EMM-R there is an option to "Display missing TV show episodes" ...
Is it possible to create NFO / JPG files for these missing episodes, to view this in XBMC
( for those who knows, like it's possible in Mediaportal / TV Series )

Thanks ...
Im having an issue were if I uncheck "Scrap Full Cast" the plot outline wont get scraped and no actors are scraped.
As well as my issues above.

Some movies can not be changed.
these fall in 2 catogorys

1. Never scraped and can not be selected from the list or by manually entering IMDB id. If you hit verify it looks like the right information, it just does not get saved back.
2. scraped wrong and can not be updated by maually entering information. Same as point one.

I have about 1000 movies and this has happend to about 50 of them..
tennisbgc Wrote:Im having an issue were if I uncheck "Scrap Full Cast" the plot outline wont get scraped and no actors are scraped.

Use rogues scraper for movies.
UserInterface Wrote:As well as my issues above.

Some movies can not be changed.
these fall in 2 catogorys

1. Never scraped and can not be selected from the list or by manually entering IMDB id. If you hit verify it looks like the right information, it just does not get saved back.
2. scraped wrong and can not be updated by maually entering information. Same as point one.

I have about 1000 movies and this has happend to about 50 of them..

Check file permissions - you may have not allowed the user running ember to modify these files. If this is ok, easiest thing to resolve database issues is to either remove the affected movies from the database or remove the entire source and re-add them.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13