• 68(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
fional Wrote:That way should be rather bandwidth light - you're just downloading the link to the nfo file and not the actual trailer.

Yes your right the scraping is very light ,But when it is time to play it in XBMC all buffer no trailer.
So I download the trailer and place it in the movie folder. At the moment any streaming is out of the question, so I keep a lot of more media on the system than I rather.
bridgman Wrote:Yes your right the scraping is very light ,But when it is time to play it in XBMC all buffer no trailer.
So I download the trailer and place it in the movie folder. At the moment any streaming is out of the question, so I keep a lot of more media on the system than I rather.

At least you will still have them, when the links disappear from the net.
olympia Wrote:At least you will still have them, when the links disappear from the net.

Right. I agree.Also there are occasions where an relative unknown movie has no trailer and if I like it i will rig one myself. I just wish I could download with EMM instead of whatever outside source . It would be a lot easier to organize things that way.
dragonzzz Wrote:Anyone can help me? Big Grin

did you tried
<tvshow title>\<tvshow title> <season#>\<tvshow title> - <episode#>.<extension>

not sure it's EMMM-r architecture, but works fine with xbmc, i guess it can work with EMMM-r
Right, I'm very confused.

I used to use this manager when it was actively developed, now I'm unsure which files to download from where to get a working copy?

Hope someone can enlighten me Smile
olympia Wrote:What is your problem with it? At what stage you get stucked?

I'm sure it's something I did wrong, but I was getting frustrated and set it aside for the moment.

I was able to install it and it seems to be behaving as written, in where I hit the plus sign, then I close the window that pops up. I see another window pop up for a moment in time and I think that's your bit, but then nothing happens.

Now, at first I thought that maybe that film just isn't on the site. But it is, and I just don't get a pick up with any of them. For instance, "The Incredibles" is listed on the site as having a trailer, but it isn't filling in.

It very likely is something I did wrong or maybe it isn't meant to insert URLs into .nfo files.

Cheers Smile
Jyujinkai Wrote:omg.. i am so blind.. thanks mate.. you have been very patient with me... cheers!

<-- EDIT

Still not working Sad..... The Plus Button is greyed out and can not be pressed... I can edit teh text area and put in the url or youtube or the modified url as you said in your post... but the plus button dose not show up or do i get a tick in the "trailer" colume

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/5924...924470.jpg
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/5924...924473.jpg

I wouldn't know why the plus button is greyed out.
For me, when I click the button, another window comes up "Select Trailer to Download". In that, there's another button, "Download Trailer List", I click that. If nothing appears, then there isn't a trailer.

There is also another method using HD-Trailers.net, but I'd be the wrong person to ask how to install that.
See this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post754538

Good Luck Smile
Whats the deal with the "addons" button that asks for a user and a password?

fional Wrote:Good Luck Smile

Yea still greyed out but if i put in the youtube URL it still works.. so it is all good... thanks man.
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
Jyujinkai Wrote:Whats the deal with the "addons" button that asks for a user and a password?

Yea still greyed out but if i put in the youtube URL it still works.. so it is all good... thanks man.

I think that's what was there before it became -r. I don't know that for certain, but that's my guess based off what I read/remember.
for my movie posters i like to have mine at 1000x1500, atm im resizing them through photoshop but was wondering if it possible to get ember to resize my movie poster to 1000x1500 when i manually add them instead of me doing it through photoshop?
krish_2k4 Wrote:for my movie posters i like to have mine at 1000x1500, atm im resizing them through photoshop but was wondering if it possible to get ember to resize my movie poster to 1000x1500 when i manually add them instead of me doing it through photoshop?

Follow these instructions here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=725...tcount=383

When using Rogue's to scrape, most the posters you'll find (or at least, in my case) were quite large. Otherwise, I think Adobe's suite has some sort of automated process resize tool you can set-up, though I wouldn't know how to help with that.
fional Wrote:Follow these instructions here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=725...tcount=383

When using Rogue's to scrape, most the posters you'll find (or at least, in my case) were quite large. Otherwise, I think Adobe's suite has some sort of automated process resize tool you can set-up, though I wouldn't know how to help with that.

I dont scrape the movie posters in ember.

I get my posters from itunes, they vary in dimensions so I have to resize them in photoshop to 1000x1500 (mark that one down to my OCD!).

once i have resized them I import them to ember using "change poster local browse"

I wanted to know if ember can resize them when I add the movie poster through "change poster local browse" instead of manualy doing it though photoshop.
krish_2k4 Wrote:I dont scrape the movie posters in ember.

I get my posters from itunes, they vary in dimensions so I have to resize them in photoshop to 1000x1500 (mark that one down to my OCD!).

once i have resized them I import them to ember using "change poster local browse"

I wanted to know if ember can resize them when I add the movie poster through "change poster local browse" instead of manualy doing it though photoshop.

Oh, someone else would have to answer that - I'm not sure.
fional Wrote:Oh, someone else would have to answer that - I'm not sure.

no probs, thanks for helpingNod

i did find a auto resize option in ember under scrapers but it does not work when you manually add the posters. would make life so much easier if ember can just force resize my movie posters!
I currently use media center master but Im about to jump ships from WMC to xbmc.

I want my collection to show properly in xbmc and from what I gather this is the manager I need to use. I downloaded it and tested it on a couple of test movies. All works well and I like how I can edit just about anything. My problem is I do not see how the program automatically scans as new movies enter my collection folders. Am I missing something here?

With media center master all I have to do is add a movie folder into my movie collection foler and it will automagically scan, add info, ect....
I dont see this option in EMM.

I have added a shortcut to the startup folder for the application but I still dont see auto scans of folders.

Help Please!
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13