• 83(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
fional Wrote:Are you using 1.1? Because Olympia's works fine for me.

Yes, I am using the 1.1 one. It works okayish, but some (very few) movies are not being identified anymore and for all movies it only provides me with a small part of 1080p fanart choices. It used to work, but now stopped. When changing to rogue scraper, also the movies that do not get picked up correctly are being up and I have more fanart choices.

How does this look like for you? Did you compare the 2?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Yes, I am using the 1.1 one. It works okayish, but some (very few) movies are not being identified anymore and for all movies it only provides me with a small part of 1080p fanart choices. It used to work, but now stopped. When changing to rogue scraper, also the movies that do not get picked up correctly are being up and I have more fanart choices.

How does this look like for you? Did you compare the 2?

I'll have a look and give it a try.

One thing you could do is enable rogue for the images and olympia for the nfo scraping.
Hi!
First off, Ember Media Manager revistited is a wonderful piece of kit!!

I'm running XBMC Dharma 10.1 on windows 7 and installed emm-r. It's working great except for one small problem I cannot seem to get to the bottom of.

Since installing emm-r, scraping all of my TV shows and refreshing the TV shows in XBMC using only locally stored metadata the Specials only show in the Specials Folder, and not also in the relevant Series - e.g. Doctor Who (2005)(http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=78804&lid=7), The Children in Need Special and The Christmas Invasion (s00ep01 & s00ep02 respectively) used to show at end of Season 1 as well as in Specials.
Also, the pilot of New Tricks (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78823&lid=7) used to be included at the begining of Season 1.

Now this does not happen since I retrieve all metadata via emm-r!

Just to clarify, since I've come from MediaBrowser and used to use MetaBrowser for my metadata my TV shows are sorted thus:
TV Series\New Tricks\Season 1\New Tricks - s00e01 - Pilot.mkv
TV Series\New Tricks\Season 1\New Tricks - s01e01 - New Evidence.mkv
TV Series\Doctor Who (2005) \Season 0\Doctor Who (2005) - s00e01 - Special Mini Adventure (Children in Need).mkv
TV Series\Doctor Who (2005) \Season 1\Doctor Who (2005) - s01e01 - Rose.mkv......etc

Is there a setting I've negleted?

Any thanks would be greatly appreciated.
spinecho Wrote:Hi!
First off, Ember Media Manager revistited is a wonderful piece of kit!!

I'm running XBMC Dharma 10.1 on windows 7 and installed emm-r. It's working great except for one small problem I cannot seem to get to the bottom of.

Since installing emm-r, scraping all of my TV shows and refreshing the TV shows in XBMC using only locally stored metadata the Specials only show in the Specials Folder, and not also in the relevant Series - e.g. Doctor Who (2005)(http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=78804&lid=7), The Children in Need Special and The Christmas Invasion (s00ep01 & s00ep02 respectively) used to show at end of Season 1 as well as in Specials.
Also, the pilot of New Tricks (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78823&lid=7) used to be included at the begining of Season 1.

Now this does not happen since I retrieve all metadata via emm-r!

Just to clarify, since I've come from MediaBrowser and used to use MetaBrowser for my metadata my TV shows are sorted thus:
TV Series\New Tricks\Season 1\New Tricks - s00e01 - Pilot.mkv
TV Series\New Tricks\Season 1\New Tricks - s01e01 - New Evidence.mkv
TV Series\Doctor Who (2005) \Season 0\Doctor Who (2005) - s00e01 - Special Mini Adventure (Children in Need).mkv
TV Series\Doctor Who (2005) \Season 1\Doctor Who (2005) - s01e01 - Rose.mkv......etc

Is there a setting I've negleted?

Any thanks would be greatly appreciated.

In XBMC I've never, personally, had specials show up in like Season 01. It's always been in its own section. In fact, if had the New Tricks one set up like you do - I've had issues in general with it showing up.
fional Wrote:In XBMC I've never, personally, had specials show up in like Season 01. It's always been in its own section. In fact, if had the New Tricks one set up like you do - I've had issues in general with it showing up.
Strange! I can confirm that when I allowed just XBMC to scrape data via TVDB any Specials were also viewed in the appropriate Season!
My troubles only began after I deleted my library, used emm-r to scrape the data and rebuilt my library in XBMC.
If it's relevant I'm using Aeon NOX skin in Showcase view.
spinecho Wrote:Strange! I can confirm that when I allowed just XBMC to scrape data via TVDB any Specials were also viewed in the appropriate Season!
My troubles only began after I deleted my library, used emm-r to scrape the data and rebuilt my library in XBMC.
If it's relevant I'm using Aeon NOX skin in Showcase view.

Ah, yes. I should revise what I said to mean that I've *only* used EMM-R to do the scraping, so I don't think what you are after is possible. I use Nox in Low-List, but I'd imagine it's the same.

Putting the specials in the appropriate season sounds rather cool...didn't even know that was possible.
fional Wrote:Ah, yes. I should revise what I said to mean that I've *only* used EMM-R to do the scraping, so I don't think what you are after is possible..
First off fional, thanks for the quick replies, but at the risk of coming across a bit... contradictory...(Shocked) if it's not possible, how come I had this set-up originally, before I used emm-r?
Or did you mean it's not possible with emm-r?
If this is the case, it would appear that I was actually better off without emm-r as I preferred to view the specials as part of the relevant series.

Am I the only one with this problem

So, open question.... what really is the benefit of using emm-r with XBMC when XBMC can scrape the data and it can be changed via XBMC interface?

Thanks!!
All that you scrape with XBMC scraper will be stored in the DB of XBMC..so no nfo files in your directories so if something happens to your XBMC DB (corruption or such) you would have to re-scrape everything again(unless you export it every so often. Using an external scraper will create all files in your shows /movies directories which makes your library more independent of XBMC DB.

As for your problem with the specials, I had the same issue (also coming from MB + MCM) and fixed it buy naming as such (Doctor Who (2005) - 0x01 - Special Mini Adventure (Children in Need) and named the season folder "Specials" and not "Season 0" and it scraped just fine because TVDB has it under Specials also.

Hope that helps

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Anyone know how to configure the Web server and XBMC Controller modules. Do they work?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
saitoh183 Wrote:All that you scrape with XBMC scraper will be stored in the DB of XBMC..so no nfo files in your directories so if something happens to your XBMC DB (corruption or such) you would have to re-scrape everything again(unless you export it every so often. Using an external scraper will create all files in your shows /movies directories which makes your library more independent of XBMC DB.

As for your problem with the specials, I had the same issue (also coming from MB + MCM) and fixed it buy naming as such (Doctor Who (2005) - 0x01 - Special Mini Adventure (Children in Need) and named the season folder "Specials" and not "Season 0" and it scraped just fine because TVDB has it under Specials also.

Hope that helps
saitoh183, Thanks for the info. That does make sense to have a backup!
I'll try the new naming convention and see if it works!
spinecho Wrote:First off fional, thanks for the quick replies, but at the risk of coming across a bit... contradictory...(Shocked) if it's not possible, how come I had this set-up originally, before I used emm-r?
Or did you mean it's not possible with emm-r?
If this is the case, it would appear that I was actually better off without emm-r as I preferred to view the specials as part of the relevant series.

Am I the only one with this problem

So, open question.... what really is the benefit of using emm-r with XBMC when XBMC can scrape the data and it can be changed via XBMC interface?

Thanks!!

I had meant that it wasn't possible with emm-r to my knowledge, though I did not try the trick of naming it Specials or whatnot.

saitoh183 Wrote:As for your problem with the specials, I had the same issue (also coming from MB + MCM) and fixed it buy naming as such (Doctor Who (2005) - 0x01 - Special Mini Adventure (Children in Need) and named the season folder "Specials" and not "Season 0" and it scraped just fine because TVDB has it under Specials also.

If you do that, does that mean it would show up in XBMC the way that spinecho wanted? Appearing in the Specials section AND in the appropriate season listing as well? If that's the case, I'm going to redo all my season scraping, because I did it as Season 0!
fional Wrote:If you do that, does that mean it would show up in XBMC the way that spinecho wanted? Appearing in the Specials section AND in the appropriate season listing as well? If that's the case, I'm going to redo all my season scraping, because I did it as Season 0!
fional, don't bother! I changed the folder names to "Specials" and it had no effect to my XBMC setup; Specials are still just in "specials" and no longer also in appropriate season.
Oh well, I guess that I'll just have to live with it! The pre emm-r veiwing was a nice touch though Wink
spinecho Wrote:fional, don't bother! I changed the folder names to "Specials" and it had no effect to my XBMC setup; Specials are still just in "specials" and no longer also in appropriate season.
Oh well, I guess that I'll just have to live with it! The pre emm-r veiwing was a nice touch though Wink

If you like the way XBMC does it, just use XBMC and then export your library and it'll create .nfo for you (I believe) as a backup.

I like using EMM-R, just because I had about 10,000 things to scrape and I liked the control it gave me in making sure everything was scraped properly, choosing fan art, etc. I had no idea about that XBMC feature and I think that's pretty neat...I bet fixing it is only a matter of manually editing the specific .nfo files...I wonder what the difference is that makes it appear in both the Specials directory and the appropriate Season directory.
fional Wrote:If you like the way XBMC does it, just use XBMC and then export your library and it'll create .nfo for you (I believe) as a backup.

I like using EMM-R, just because I had about 10,000 things to scrape and I liked the control it gave me in making sure everything was scraped properly, choosing fan art, etc. I had no idea about that XBMC feature and I think that's pretty neat...I bet fixing it is only a matter of manually editing the specific .nfo files...I wonder what the difference is that makes it appear in both the Specials directory and the appropriate Season directory.
I must admit, I'm a XBMC noobie, having previously been content with using the Windows 7 Media Center with MediaBrowser, obtaining my metadata with MetaBrowser and MakeMKV to rip my DVD collection (Movies & TV Shows) to my hard drive (and it's a long process, so my collection so far consists of Dr Who, New Tricks & Star Trek TOS)!!!
However, I found this setup too restricting: 7MC will not play mkv's with either dual audio and it cannot natively handle mkv's with subtitles.

In the last couple of weeks since taking the plunge with XBMC it's been a real learning curve, but it is far superior to 7MC if you're willing to take the time!

Anyway, back on-topic: I was thinking along the same lines; I will delete my sources & the MyVideos34.db and add only my Doctor Who (2005) episodes and allow XBMC to scrape them (after backing up the nfo files created by emm-r after all that hard work!). I can then hopefully compare the nfo's.

@fional, thanks for your time helping me with this. Also off-topic, did you ever get to the bottom of this problem (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103362 as some of my mkv's are exhibiting same behaviour?
spinecho Wrote:I must admit, I'm a XBMC noobie, having previously been content with using the Windows 7 Media Center with MediaBrowser, obtaining my metadata with MetaBrowser and MakeMKV to rip my DVD collection (Movies & TV Shows) to my hard drive (and it's a long process, so my collection so far consists of Dr Who, New Tricks & Star Trek TOS)!!!
However, I found this setup too restricting: 7MC will not play mkv's with either dual audio and it cannot natively handle mkv's with subtitles.

In the last couple of weeks since taking the plunge with XBMC it's been a real learning curve, but it is far superior to 7MC if you're willing to take the time!

Anyway, back on-topic: I was thinking along the same lines; I will delete my sources & the MyVideos34.db and add only my Doctor Who (2005) episodes and allow XBMC to scrape them (after backing up the nfo files created by emm-r after all that hard work!). I can then hopefully compare the nfo's.

No problem!

Let me know what you find out when you compare the .nfo.

I really like XBMC, just for large collections, I think the initial management is easier with EMM-R, plus if your library gets wiped you do have the .nfos.

What I did was I ripped all my DVDs and then I converted the iso or video_ts with makemkv. This was great because it was fast as it didn't re-encode, it was just re-wrapping it. I personally think it's lovely that way and runs in XBMC quite well, at least with the set-up I have.

spinecho Wrote:@fional, thanks for your time helping me with this. Also off-topic, did you ever get to the bottom of this problem (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103362 as some of my mkv's are exhibiting same behaviour?

Yes, something was wrong with the mkv. To fix this, I simply "re-did" it. Now, I didn't have to re-do it from the source, rather, I took the stuttering mkv and loaded it with Handbrake (I believe), and then I just re-encoded it. It took a bit longer than makemkv, obviously, but once that was done there was not a stutter.

MKVs that I made with makemkv did not ever have this problem. I noticed it was only a handful of files that I had taken off dvd a long time ago - probably a bad setting or whatnot.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13