• 90(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
olympia Wrote:XBMC Controller doesn't work with XBMC 10.1 or later. This has been answered many times in this thread.

Web Server should work.

Thanks for the response. As for the web server, I put a port number in, press apply then ok, go back into settings and the port number isnt there anymore. Any ideas?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
It seems that the original title for a movie gets scraped to the SORT TITLE field when there is a original title present. For example the Swedish movie "I Rymden Finns Inga Känslor" was scraped with "Simple Simon" as the Title and "I Rymden Finns Inga Känslor" as the Sort Title. This is with the USA / International option selected.

The best thing were if the Title was scraped as it is now but the title that now ends up in Sort Title should end up in the <originaltitle></originaltitle> tags instead.

EDIT: Also only one Studio is scraped, with the old ember all Production Companies was scraped and you could choose by clicking the house icon next to it. This was nice because you could select the more commonly known one that had a flag Smile
will this option get added to emm at all to keep the specials in order ?

is this emm still getting development and getting improvments?
Finchy Wrote:Yeah, I've just scraped now with Olympia's scraper. It's picking up the full plot but no plot summary, despite me trying with only Plot Summary selected and then (after deleting the nfo files) with both selected. Huh

What film? I'll try it when I get home.
meridius Wrote:will this option get added to emm at all to keep the specials in order ?

is this emm still getting development and getting improvments?

EMM-r to my knowledge isn't in development. Olympia has been updating a scraper for movies, to keep it ticking, but changes to EMM-R itself haven't happened, at least not since myself been using it.

As far as an option to get specials in order, unless it's modable in the same way that Olympia has been modding the Movie scraper - I don't see it happening anytime soon.
fional Wrote:What film? I'll try it when I get home.

All of them! I've tried it on a folder of around 300 movies (mostly typical modern US). None of them have the plot outline. I've even tried doing a custom scrape to only pick up the plot outline but that's still not worked. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Finchy Wrote:All of them! I've tried it on a folder of around 300 movies (mostly typical modern US). None of them have the plot outline. I've even tried doing a custom scrape to only pick up the plot outline but that's still not worked. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

You are probably using a scraper version prior to 1.3.
frellAn Wrote:It seems that the original title for a movie gets scraped to the SORT TITLE field when there is a original title present. For example the Swedish movie "I Rymden Finns Inga Känslor" was scraped with "Simple Simon" as the Title and "I Rymden Finns Inga Känslor" as the Sort Title. This is with the USA / International option selected.

The best thing were if the Title was scraped as it is now but the title that now ends up in Sort Title should end up in the <originaltitle></originaltitle> tags instead.

EDIT: Also only one Studio is scraped, with the old ember all Production Companies was scraped and you could choose by clicking the house icon next to it. This was nice because you could select the more commonly known one that had a flag Smile

You seem to be right how the original title was handled before, but like I said the new scraper is scraping that and passing it over to EMM as <originaltitle>. Seems to be a bug in EMM that is not able to take it over properly. Nothing I can do about. Having it displayed as <sorttitle> comes from side fuzzy logic too which is not a scraper issue either.

Studio would be an easy fix, but other times people are asking to only scrape one studio, so it is not easy to decide which is the way to go. You can do it yourself though: insert repeat="yes" in the expression line of studio just like the same way as above for the countries.

Release date is again something which is not handled by XBMC, so why to scrape? Smile

I think what might work (not sure in that) is to scrape certifications into <mpaa> tag and some skin handling this gracefully, but I don't think I will implement this any soon.

Agree that original title issue is a moderate one. I would love to see this working as well, but again, that is not my department...
olympia Wrote:You are probably using a scraper version prior to 1.3.

I got the one mentioned in this quoted thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=852...count=1206

I couldn't find a dedicted thread with the latest scraper. Do you have a current link please?

Thanks! Smile
Finchy Wrote:I got the one mentioned in this quoted thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=852...count=1206

I couldn't find a dedicted thread with the latest scraper. Do you have a current link please?

Thanks! Smile

http://code.google.com/p/xbmchuscraper/downloads/list
Ah, that's great, worked a treat! Thank you! :cool2:
gmk2 Wrote:Hi there,

You need to download the subversion tools and copy them into the relevant folders; ember code is setup to automatically manage its own version numbering this way. You should be able to find SubWCRev.exe and SubWCRev64.exe via google. These need to be placed in the root folder where you are compiling from.

See if that gets you going.
Hey,
Thanks for the suggestion. I had those 2 files in the 'trunk' directory as they came with the checkout. The error seems to infer that it is looking for one of them (based on x86/64) in the trunk directory here:
Code:
set ToolExec="C:\Users\dave\Desktop\emm-rsource\trunk\SubWCRev.exe"
I can only assume it is compiling inside the trunk directory since this is where the Build folder is created.
I tried placing the two files in the \trunk\addons\generic.EmberCore.BulkRename\" Directory, but only managed to generate more errors.
I originally checked out the source with a cli svn tool, so I am going to try starting from scratch with tortioseSVN as the guide suggests in case that will make a difference, and post here how it turns out.
roguesailor Wrote:Hey,
I tried placing the two files in the \trunk\addons\generic.EmberCore.BulkRename\" Directory, but only managed to generate more errors.
I originally checked out the source with a cli svn tool, so I am going to try starting from scratch with tortioseSVN as the guide suggests in case that will make a difference, and post here how it turns out.

Are you trying to compile on the right .net version and equivalent Visual Studio environment to the original? Anything beyond this requires more tweaking

When I was looking into development, I recompiled in .net 4 using VS 2010 - this required some more fiddling as converting the project means that some files need to be regenerated to keep the subversion custom versioning working; namely creating AssemblyInfo.vb / AssemblyInfo.tmp files in the required locations. These are hand crafted files that are used to list the last compiled version and a few other bits and details.

Maybe I should get back to my recompile ember for mysql project..
@gmk2
couldn't you be disturbed to fix that few bugs regarding the XML scrapers which blocks them to be near to perfect replacement to the in-built scraper?
fional Wrote:Hi,

This was covered in this thread last week, actually. With the way the current TV Show scraper is done in EMM-R, that information is not scraped.

Olympia's scraper only changes Movies (that's why you add it in the movies section). I'm not even certain the TV Show section can be adjusted. Sure, I may have a look/tinker when I get back from the west...

XBMC is pulling two extra tags of info that EMM-R does not scrape. See this post and the ones above it for more information:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=860...count=1293

Either way, I'm pretty certain Spinecho identified the two tags missing.

Good luck,
Thanks!!

Quote:Your options are going to be limited at the moment.
You can just use XBMC to scrape then export the library for individual .nfo creation.
This is what I ended up doing, with one extra step!
I deleted my library, database and backed up the nfo's created by emm-r and let XBMC rescrape my entire library again.
Then export entire library as individual files to save the nfo's in the relevant directories.
I then use emm-r to scrape/download any posters/fanart etc that I want to change!
Sure, it's a bit more work but it's solved my problems!!

Still not sure what the
Code:
<displayepisode>4096</displayepisode>
is, but I wonder if it's absolute order (as this was taken from Dr Who 2005; if you include Classic Who are there 4096 episodes?)
Just a thought & Thanks to fional for all your help!
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13