• 101(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

can someone maybe answer to my question 2 pages before?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=871...count=1480

Greetz X23

The first question - I'm unaware. Probably has issues, because it's had issues with Irish letters for me.

Second question, I never use the Ember renamer. There's a better bulk renamer anyway, imo, therenamer. It sets the filenames up nicely.

http://www.therenamer.com/

It's not perfect, but if you take the time to set it up, it can be quite powerful. Using renamer BEFORE scrapping with EMM-R and importing to XBMC has saved me hours of grief, because I can catch the problems here.

basically if the renamer won't rename it, EMM-R won't likely scrape it correctly and there's a good chance it won't be imported into XBMC.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Still have some issues with a couple that are just stubborn. Still getting english..

Probably the IMDb ID is not registered for those movies. At least this is the case for Dossier K. I checked.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:One tip:
If you lock the movie title in the settings it won't change the sorting title.
That's make me verry happy Nod

That is not a really good workaround as in this case EMM will not use the scraped title in the NFO, instead it will inject the cleaned folder/file name.
olympia Wrote:Probably the IMDb ID is not registered for those movies. At least this is the case for Dossier K. I checked.
Aaah now i now where to look. See if i can fix those
Quote:That is not a really good workaround as in this case EMM will not use the scraped title in the NFO, instead it will inject the cleaned folder/file name.

Well with a new i don't lock it and when i want to rescan i turn the lock on. So far it's works just fine. Also maybe because i indeed use clean filenames. However it dos use the previous scraped title. Because there are no ( : ) possible in filenames and they are used in the title

EDIT:

Narrowed the problems down to (language setting Dutch. checked tmdb for imdb ID):
Flesh Wounds (2003) only scrapes English. No Dutch
Sinbad and the Minotaur (2011) only scrapes German. No Dutch or English
The Dead Outside (2008) only scrapes English. No Dutch
Star Trek: Generations (1994) only scrapes English. No Dutch
X-Men: First Class (2011) only scrapes English. No Dutch

Is it normal that sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes to scrape one movie while others just couple of second?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi,

fional Wrote:The first question - I'm unaware. Probably has issues, because it's had issues with Irish letters for me.

Second question, I never use the Ember renamer. There's a better bulk renamer anyway, imo, therenamer. It sets the filenames up nicely.

thanks for the answer, i decided to change my hole library from äöü to aeoeue
(fanart, poster appeared again) after that i had to rescrape all the nfo (i was glad i have (year) in the folder naming) so the nfo rescrape worked perfectly without any failure (1164 movies).

For renaming i use "Advanced Renamer" for future renaming i will use embers renamer again and after that i directly batch replace äöü to aeoeue with advanced renamer.

Is embers source open so maybe someone take a look to add special character support?
Another idea is xbmc youtube link support, i always have to use SQL DB Browser to batch
replace the youtube trailer link style to fit to the xbmc youtube plugin.

I documented the way to do here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=792...stcount=12

Code:
update movie
set c19 = replace(c19,'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=','plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=');

Much better and easier could be a simple wrapper in xbmc yt plugin that can handle http
yt links...

if ember were programmed in Delphi (pascal) i would try by my own.

Greetz X23
try rename master, a great mass renamer
x23piracy Wrote:Another idea is xbmc youtube link support, i always have to use SQL DB Browser to batch
replace the youtube trailer link style to fit to the xbmc youtube plugin.

So you are satisfied with the low res posters the native or Rogue's scraper get?
Giving the fact the mx scraper is not scraper trailer links from tmdb I suppose you use one of those.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Narrowed the problems down to (language setting Dutch. checked tmdb for imdb ID):
Flesh Wounds (2003) only scrapes English. No Dutch
Sinbad and the Minotaur (2011) only scrapes German. No Dutch or English
The Dead Outside (2008) only scrapes English. No Dutch
Star Trek: Generations (1994) only scrapes English. No Dutch
X-Men: First Class (2011) only scrapes English. No Dutch
Flesh Wounds (2003) - Wrong IMDb ID
Sinbad and the Minotaur - No English and Dutch plot on tmdb
The Dead Outside - Works for me
Star Trek: Generations - Works for me
X-Men: First Class - Works for me

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Is it normal that sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes to scrape one movie while others just couple of second?

No, absolutely not.
olympia Wrote:Flesh Wounds (2003) - Wrong IMDb ID
Sinbad and the Minotaur - No English and Dutch plot on tmdb
The Dead Outside - Works for me
Star Trek: Generations - Works for me
X-Men: First Class - Works for me

No, absolutely not.
Heres a screenshot from imdb which does show dutch plots
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1756/naamloosrmo.png
Same for the other. With Flesh Wounds i made a typo. Year should be 2011.
I did check tmdb and imdb ID's and the match so that's little bit strange.
Well i probably have to live with it that it doesn't work for me with these movies Sad
For the other 250+ movies it does work great Big Grin
Thanks for your time
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Heres a screenshot from imdb which does show dutch plots
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1756/naamloosrmo.png
Same for the other. With Flesh Wounds i made a typo. Year should be 2011.
I did check tmdb and imdb ID's and the match so that's little bit strange.
Well i probably have to live with it that it doesn't work for me with these movies Sad
For the other 250+ movies it does work great Big Grin
Thanks for your time

Flesh Wounds (2011) works for me.
...and now Sinbad and the Minotaur too (this was probably a caching issue? - I don't know when you entered the Dutch plot).

All in all, all your exception movies are working for me right now.

But if you have 10 minutes scrapingsHuh Then it might be a timeout issue too.
olympia Wrote:Flesh Wounds (2011) works for me.
...and now Sinbad and the Minotaur too (this was probably a caching issue? - I don't know when you entered the Dutch plot).

All in all, all your exception movies are working for me right now.

But if you have 10 minutes scrapingsHuh Then it might be a timeout issue too.
This is from the changelog for Sinbad:
2011-06-23 22:33:36 - NL - Machine-sanctum - Overview

In between i reinstalled ember so i don't think it's the local caching. At the moment the ones not working for scrape very quick. The 10min accoured when i was rescraping my complete collection or a lot of them at the same time. For 250 movies i took about 2 or 3 hours.
When auto scraping it change Star Trek: Genrations as Star Trek: First Contact so i had to force it.

EDIT:
Just tried these movies with the internal xbmc scrape and what do you know... al in Dutch.
I had to change "Star Trek VII - Generations (1994)" to "Star Trek Generations (1994)".
"Star Trek - Generations (1994)" didn't work either. Strange thing is have move Star Trek films and the rest them have namings like "Star Trek VII, VI, V, IX, X" and Ember has no problems with those.
Tried the same with Ember "Star Trek Generations (1994)" and i get first contact
Hi,

olympia Wrote:So you are satisfied with the low res posters the native or Rogue's scraper get?

Iam pleased with poster @ min resolution of 300px but mostly ember get 500px or 1000px posters for me.

olympia Wrote:Giving the fact the mx scraper is not scraper trailer links from tmdb I suppose you use one of those.

i get trailers from youtube/IMDB

Greetz X23
x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

Iam pleased with poster @ min resolution of 300px but mostly ember get 500px or 1000px posters for me.

i get trailers from youtube/IMDB

Greetz X23

Ever since the BR-Tool stopped working, which I liked as a trailer downloader, since it did older films as well - I've just been doing it manually.

if you get rid of the "www." in the youtube address, and replace it with "save", it re-directs it to a site that lets you download the youtube trailer in a variety of formats.

Then I just save it under the proper name.
This probably is daft, but I've noticed that now Video Source - for my stuff - is setting itself automatically as "dvd" no matter what you input in there.

Does anyone know how "video source" is determined? Is it part of the meta data?
fional Wrote:This probably is daft, but I've noticed that now Video Source - for my stuff - is setting itself automatically as "dvd" no matter what you input in there.

Does anyone know how "video source" is determined? Is it part of the meta data?

usually through the meta data i think. It determines which video stream you have and goes from there.
Maybe there's an option like <source></source> to add to the nfo file but not sure.
I know that

The other ones is to put the source in the filename and xbmc is able to extract that.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:usually through the meta data i think. It determines which video stream you have and goes from there.
Maybe there's an option like <source></source> to add to the nfo file but not sure.
The other ones is to put the source in the filename and xbmc is able to extract that.

Ah, cool, that must be it. I only noticed that now Smile
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13