• 110(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
clock2113 Wrote:It puts them in \extrathumbs instead...

Hah I never noticed that, you're absolutely right. I guess there could be a script written to rename the directory en masse, but it be much more friendly if EMM-r did it on its own. Maybe the user who posted way above will be able to sort that?

I know right now I've been going in my tv show .nfo files of my series specials and adding the two tags, it's sort of an on-going project. That's the "one" emm-r wish I have, but that's mainly because most my collection *is* tv shows Big Grin
shaktoo Wrote:@isamu.dragon.. are you Tennant era Dr.WHO fan ?

Of the 2005 series, yes
of the original, Peter Davison (the fifth doctor)
I think the ability to download extra fan art only works with movies - is there any chance this could be expanded to TV shows also?
EMM has isn't in development anymore, so it's highly doubtful that you'll see new features being put in any time soon.

That said, there is a guy that created a script that will automatically download extrafanart for all your TV Shows from thetvdb.com.

Here's the link.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107103
I put in instructions for getting it to run in Windows. Once you get the script running it just runs in the background pulling all the fanart for a tvshow and sticking it in a extrafanart folder for each show.
Glave Wrote:What files are you guys using in your scraping? I have no idea why, but a long while back I enabled a BUNCH of the creation files, and I'm wanting to clean it up now. For example, Bridesmaids, this is what I have in my folder:

Bridesmaids.idx
Bridesmaids.jpg
Bridesmaids.mkv
Bridesmaids.nfo
Bridesmaids.sub
Bridesmaids.tbn
Bridesmaids-fanart.jpg
fanart.jpg
movie.info
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
movie-tralier.mov
poster.jpg
poster.tbn

I switch up my skins sometimes, so I do like having posters and banners, but I'm kinda amazed at all of the additional files I've amassed now.

Heh, yeah you got a lot of redundancy there.

All you need to have for a movie that in it's own directory (not a bunch in one single directory)
Bridesmaids.mkv
Bridesmaids-trailer.mkv
Bridesmaids.sub
Bridesmaids.idx
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.nfo
.\extrathumbs (most skins treat this as a extrafanart dir as well)

In Ember it has a "Clean Files" function that will have it delete unwanted files of your choosing.
Edit -> Settings -> Options Tab - File System
On the right hand side check mark the boxes of the files you want to delete. When you hit Apply it will go through the movie directories and clean them out.

For reference here's two different guides on setting up Ember for use with XBMC and what options to have checked. The first link also explains a bit about .tbn files as well.
http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-us...nto-shape/
http://www.totalhtpc.com/ember-media-manager/
\extrathumbs (most skins treat this as a extrafanart dir as well)

I dont think this is right , at least the skin i use primarily, night & night Purity both need "extrafanart" rather then use extrathumbs folder as extrafanart
Haven't used the Night's in a while. Don't seem to have an issue with it using the Aeon's. They cycle through the art just fine. If there is extrafanart for movies as well, I think I'm fine with extrathumbs and using the artworkorganizer addon to pull the images from there as well for other skins that support it.
fional Wrote:In addition to what Olympia mentioned, perhaps you could add this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=860...count=1293

In relation to TV Show Specials. It's properly described in the post above, but I'll do a synopsis if I can:

Having the TV Scraper essentially scrape this information from thetvdb as well:

<displayseason>1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>4096</displayepisode>

Into the .nfo files, so it imports nicer to XBMC?

Not sure how difficult it would be, but the native XBMC scraper does it. I, personally, prefer to use EMM-r and this would be a lot handier than manually editing "specials".

What this will do is, when there is a tv special and you're browsing XBMC, it not only puts it in the specials, but also after the appropriate episode. So in the example above, that particular "special" episode, will also show up under Season 1 and after episode 4096.

Thanks

What do you do if there are multiple specials after each other? how do you make these in the correct order?
For example does Doctor who season 4 have 4-5 specials at the end and in another thred discussing this on XBMC, BSG S4 had 6 specials in the middle of the season

And, since I'm not at home and can check for myself, what does it say as episode-number?
S? Special? 4096.1?:p
Thizizmyname Wrote:What do you do if there are multiple specials after each other? how do you make these in the correct order?
For example does Doctor who season 4 have 4-5 specials at the end and in another thred discussing this on XBMC, BSG S4 had 6 specials in the middle of the season

And, since I'm not at home and can check for myself, what does it say as episode-number?
S? Special? 4096.1?:p

Ah, you must be referring to the new Doctor Who, because the original doesn't have specials in Season 4. Tongue I haven't actually got to my original Doctor Who collection (which is 100% complete, btw, as I boast Tongue ), so I've not got to the 2005 stuff either. If you used EMM-r to scrape everything, you have to manually edit the .nfo - fortunately it's just your Season 00 directory, so it's not too bad. I'd absolutely be delighted if it were possible to do that and I may, if I ever get some time, have a look at it myself and see if I can't trial-and-error something together.

The best way to see how that .nfo file should look, in the instance of Season 4 of the 2005 series, would be to have XBMC scrape them and export the .nfo and see how it did it. Spinecho tested a situation like that in Season 1 of the 2005 series. Season 6 will have 2 specials in the middle of the season as well, which may also be a good point to experiment with. I think he abandoned EMM-r and just used XBMC to scrape those, so it may be interesting to ask him (or try it) what his Season 06 .nfo look like, for those two specials.

For episode number, I think it will display the episode number that it is in the Special Season. But I haven't noticed, so I'm only guessing.

Sorry this is rather rubbish, I'm just going off of my head and speculation - I'm not home either Tongue
I have built a new version with the following modifications in regard to rev2420 :

- fix some problems in XML scraper with accentuated chars in movie titles and cast
- fix automated XML scraper never saves poster and fanart
- fix Youtube trailer selection in Native and Rogue scraper
- fix IMDB search URL with accentuated chars in movie title which give bad search results
- top250 value scraped from Olympia XML IMDB scraper v1.5 is taken into account
- Added the "Country" field for movies in EMM Database and in Movie Info panel
- link temporarily to "pcjco.dommel.be" for downloading the new DB structure instead of SourceForge
- Update Rogue and Native Scraper to scrape "Country" from IMDB
- Added the "Original Title" field in Movie Info panel and on main panel
- some tweaks on SortTitle to unify behavior between Native and XML scraper
- modify XML scraper module to show certifications
- modify Olympia XML IMDB scraper v1.5 to scrape certifications
- modify Olympia XML IMDB scraper v1.5 to remove "IMDb - " string from original title

The database structure has been modified (country field for movies), so for this version to work, you have to delete the file media.emm in your EMM folder.
By doing that, EMM will download the new DB structure to be applied for the new medias.
You will also have to redefine the media location and re-scan the medias (re-scrape should be only needed to get the new country field).
But if I remember well, it was already what happened when EMM had a change in DB when the project was still alive.

emmr-v2420-x86-jco-v4

SVN patch and Olympia XML scrapers included.
Wow, awesome work pcjco!
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
pcjco Wrote:I have built a new version with the following modifications in regard to rev2420 :

- fix some problems in XML scraper with accentuated chars in movie titles and cast
- fix automated XML scraper never saves poster and fanart
- fix Youtube trailer selection in Native and Rogue scraper
- fix IMDB search URL with accentuated chars in movie title which give bad search results
- top250 value scraped from Olympia XML IMDB scraper v1.5 is taken into account
- Added the "Country" field for movies in EMM Database and in Movie Info panel
- link temporarily to "pcjco.dommel.be" for downloading the new DB structure instead of SourceForge
- Update Rogue and Native Scraper to scrape "Country" from IMDB
- Added the "Original Title" field in Movie Info panel and on main panel
- some tweaks on SortTitle to unify behavior between Native and XML scraper
- modify XML scraper module to show certifications
- modify Olympia XML IMDB scraper v1.5 to scrape certifications
- modify Olympia XML IMDB scraper v1.5 to remove "IMDb - " string from original title

The database structure has been modified (country field for movies), so for this version to work, you have to delete the file media.emm in your EMM folder.
By doing that, EMM will download the new DB structure to be applied for the new medias.
You will also have to redefine the media location and re-scan the medias (re-scrape should be only needed to get the new country field).
But if I remember well, it was already what happened when EMM had a change in DB when the project was still alive.

emmr-v2420-x86-jco-v4

SVN patch and Olympia XML scrapers included.

great, ty Smile
would it be possible to scrape all countries (like genres), not just the first one ?
also metadata is missing <durationinseconds> in .nfo compared to my previous version.
One again, thanks for your awesome work!

And more, with the custom scraper, the country and release date fields are quickly populated! Just perfect!
pcjco Wrote:I have built a new version with the following modifications in regard to rev2420 :

Absolutely great Nod

I hope you this way the EMM-r will keep up-to-date and maybe even gets some extra options.

If you do take request Wink

One question before i'm gone try:
Do i have to create my movies sets again?

EDIT:
Nevermind. Tried it and it scans the sets which are created already Smile

If it's possible could you make an option for tv series to download "banner" and "poster"?
So banners like: 'banner.jpg' and poster 'poster.jpg'.
and for seasons maybe 'bannerxx.jpg/tbn'
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ezechiel1917 Wrote:would it be possible to scrape all countries (like genres), not just the first one ?
I will have a look.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:also metadata is missing <durationinseconds> in .nfo compared to my previous version.
Really strange, I don't find any mention to express the duration in seconds even in SVN history.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:If it's possible could you make an option for tv series to download "banner" and "poster"?
So banners like: 'banner.jpg' and poster 'poster.jpg'.
and for seasons maybe 'bannerxx.jpg/tbn'
I am not really experienced in VB and that's why I started with small fixes and mods about Movies (and also because I use EMM only for Movies up to now). But maybe if I find the time to continue, I will have a look at TVShows.
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13