Help with TV series regex
Hey all,

I'm still quite a noob with everything XBMC coming from MediaPortal.
I'm having a hard time figuring out regex that would work for my naming convention, basically cause I suck @ regex since the structure is quite simple Nerd
I already posted in another thread, thought I figured it out but ofcourse I was wrong.

All my tv series files follow the structure mentioned in that post, a quote;
Quote:My filenaming convention is as followed;

Single episode:
\\nas\TVSeries (E)\Band of Brothers\Season 01\01.mkv
OR
\\nas\TVSeries (E)\Band of Brothers\Season 01\01 - episodename.mkv

Double episodes
\\nas\TVSeries (E)\Band of Brothers\Season 01\01 & 02.mkv
OR
\\nas\TVSeries (E)\Band of Brothers\Season 01\01 & 02 - episodename.mkv

There can be spaces around the dash ("-") and around the ampersand ("&").

If someone's willing to take a shot @ it, would be awesome and really appreciated!
Have something decent now but still having some issues with getting the multi episodes in one file matching. This is the regex I have been trying, imo this should work, kinda lost;
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)\s?[\&]?\s?([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
For the multi-episode matching to work, the third capture is what should be parsed by the multiepisode regexp, so is usually just the remainder of the filename. The multiepisode regexp is not configurable outside of the source, which is:

Code:
^[-_EeXx]+([0-9]+)

See AdvancedSettings.cpp.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall! Guess then there's nothing to do about, short of renaming the multi episode files.
I read this in the wiki, so I thought it would work;
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...atching.3E Wrote:NOTE: for multi-episode matching to work, there needs to be a third set of parentheses on the end. This part is fed back into the regexp engine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with TV series regex0