Two separate libraries?
Hi guys.
I'm running xbmc on different devices (htpc, atv1 & 2 and so on), and I've got a question.
On my NAS I have two different folders:
folder A- one for already ripped and watched movies;
folder B- another one of ripped movies, but still not watched.

That because I don't want to store a file if I'm not 100% satisfied with both quality and spaced used.

All .avi ar stored in a separate directory, containing .nfo, thumbnail, poster...
Here comes the problem: is it possible to manage 2 separate libraries?

I've actually set the folder B (ripped but not watched) in Files, but I can't see covers and plots.
I've also created another user for folder in xbmc, but since the htpc is always connected to a multi-room hi-fi system, and I choose music using and ipad as remote via wifi, my music library is not mapped on this second profile. Yes, I could map my music library in this profile too, but then I'd have a duplicate library...

So, what do you suggest to do?
Managing my movies with Files view is fine for me (don't care about genres, years and so on), but I'd like at least to be able to see plots and covers.

Thank you very much guys!

melagodo
Pointer to one method (of many probably)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61779

Remote One button switching would eliminate the need to keep two music libraries.
You could even assign the default links on home to the correct profiles depending on where you are. you would prefer that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You could also use two playlists to separate them your have to scan everything into library but not actually ever use the library where everything is combined, then link one of the playlists to the default Movie in the main menu add the other as a sub menu

You need to scan them into library if you want plot to show you wont get it in file mode
I currently have 2 completely different profiles setup for when my HTPC is "on the road" or if it's on my network. Say I take it over to a friend's house, I don't want to deal with it not finding half my library or wanting to 'clean' it (which I do have setup by default).

So I made a custom upstart launch script for XBMC and I pass it parameters from grub "xbmcuser=xbmc" or "xbmcuser=xbmc2". Then there are 2 completely separate users (I tried profiles but it just didn't work right)
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
>>X<<' Wrote:You could also use two playlists to separate them your have to scan everything into library but not actually ever use the library where everything is combined, then link one of the playlists to the default Movie in the main menu add the other as a sub menu

You need to scan them into library if you want plot to show you wont get it in file mode

That sounds really a nice way to do it!!
How can I add a single folder to a single playlist?
Checked the wiki here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Playlists

but I don't get it...Sad

@show: looks too difficult for me Sad
@darkscout: thanks for the hint, but that's not actually what I want to do Wink

melagodo
Its not difficult, do it all from the GUI and set the rule to "Path" "Contains" then type in the folder name that's all you need to do as long as that's the only folder with that name in any of your paths, doesn't have to be the folder name it can be any part of the path that's unique to that path

I believe you can use "Path" "is" and add the full path if the media is all in the root of the folder and not all in separate folders but cant be certain as never tried mine are in separate folders and full path doesn't work then
>>X<<' Wrote:Its not difficult, do it all from the GUI and set the rule to "Path" "Contains" then type in the folder name that's all you need to do as long as that's the only folder with that name in any of your paths, doesn't have to be the folder name it can be any part of the path that's unique to that path

I believe you can use "Path" "is" and add the full path if the media is all in the root of the folder and not all in separate folders but cant be certain as never tried mine are in separate folders and full path doesn't work then

Mine are in separate folders too!
MoviesA
--->Superman
------>Superman.avi
--->X.Men
------>X.Men.avi

MoviesB
--->Bad.Boys
------>Bad.Boys.avi
--->Chocolat
------>Chocolat.avi

and so on...does this mean I'm not able to use smart playlists?

BTW, Where are playlists in the GUI? Can't find'em (i'm using a remote, no keyboard...) feeling dumb here!!

melagodo
In Confluence when on Video in the main menu hit right arrow to bring out the sub menu then select library you should then see playlist select that then choose "new smart playlist"

As I said that only applies to full path if your using folders, using your example above you could use the following rule

"Path" "Contains" MovieA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two separate libraries?0