Prevent cleaning the DB
Hi,

I have a LAN setup with 5 XBMC client and a server.
Some of my music files are store on one of these XBMC clients, so I want to prevent the automatic cleaning of the Database by the other clients; cause this client is sometime offline.
I want to clean the DB manually if I changed something.

I searched for it but found few about it.
Maybe an entry in the advancedsettings?

Is <cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate> my option?
Seems not to work (Wiki) withing <musiclibrary>

I'm thankful for any hint.

Thanks!

Regards
Tom
They're not automatically cleaned as far as I know.
Hitcher Wrote:They're not automatically cleaned as far as I know.

I'm going to go out on a limb and disagree. Before I fixed my home network issue (damn you, DI-655!) I would randomly lose the connection to my Media Server. If that happened (and I did have the 'clean' set to off for videos in my advancedsettings.xml - no such setting for audio!) then I would lose everything from my music library on startup. Movies and TV Shows would stay, but would not be accessible until I rebooted. Even after that, I'd have to rescan everything into my Music Library from files again... ...a painful process with 631 items taking almost three hours to import.

I also do recall someone confirming that the audio would auto-clean in another thread on here. Not sure if they were a dev or not.
Found this doing a search for Autoclean
But the only way to clean now is manually via the Video and Music options - there's no 'Clean library on startup' options anymore.
Music cleans by default. Simply turn off update on startup and update when you actually need to update.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Music cleans by default. Simply turn off update on startup and update when you actually need to update.

Thanks! I will give it a try.
Why does music and movies refeshing work so different (movies stay and music does not)?
Because music scanning is based fundamentally on file-based information and video scanning is based fundamentally on online information. Thus, there's a bigger cost in cleaning the video lib.

The real solution is ensuring that "share not found" doesn't invoke a clean. This is not trivial - there's various patches that attempt it on trac if you wish to pursue them further.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The real solution is ensuring that "share not found" doesn't invoke a clean. This is not trivial - there's various patches that attempt it on trac if you wish to pursue them further.

I agree. I fixed my problem by fixing my problem. And that was, I replaced my router, which was intermittently dropping my wireless connections, and - for no apparent reason - halting my shared directories, and telling me my servers weren't available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent cleaning the DB0