[MAC] XBMC stop working after 5-6 mins
Hi all,

I am a very new user of xbmc….and i have a big problem

OSX: 10.6.6
Hardware: Macbook pro 13’’ mid 2009
XBMC 10.0 Dharma final fresh install
i use default skin

My problem: Every time i play a video (Avi,mkv,wmv,ts) program stop responding after 4-6 mins….i can see CPU-XBMC over 100%.FPS seems to be stable at 24 even the time when program stop responding. The only way to stop program is force quit. All files are in smb server in my local network.This is not happens if the file is in local HDD of macbook. I think is smb problemHuhHuh

This is my xbmc log
http://pastebin.com/s9X9yyrA

Any idea what is wrong in my side?

thanks
This also happens for my APPLE TV when streaming video from an internet source. Not sure yet what is happening. Might just be the speed of the data stream eventually overloads the XBMC client. Had that happen before, and the fix was to slow down (decrease the quality) of the stream source. I can adjust that as my stream source is an application that can adjust the quality.

Will see after some testing.
Okay tried some testing by slowing the streaming media down. made the client stop playing fast. Went the other way and speeded up the media source. Starts working well!!

So I speculate that DHARMA does not have a very good control on the BUFFER of incoming video data. The Dharma client should pause and buffer, while it awaits the video stream to fill the buffer. Instead I speculate that the dharma xbmc client will crash and pop you back to the main menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] XBMC stop working after 5-6 mins0