How to stop XBMC Scrapping and read NFO instead
Hi,

I know this question involves a third party application and could end up in an entirely different sub section of the forums however i think this is a more general setup type question.

I'm currently using Ember Media Manager as recommended in the other section of the forum to create .nfo files for each of my films.

My typical fodler structure looks as below,

Z:\Films\16 Blocks

I have then added the source 'Films' to the directory Z:\Films
I have then set content on the source with the following settings,

I cannot seem remove the scapper from the right hand side and thus XBMC runs off and find its own media.

What am i doing wrong,

Thanking in advanced,

Sprite
The movie scraper is going to remain there. You can't and don't need to get rid of it.

I would say that you have a .nfo file name problem. Going by the Video nfo files in Wiki here, your files named movie.nfo and 16 Blocks.nfo are ignored because it is not your movies name.

The actual name for your movie would be 16 Blocks (HD).nfo

The same would apply to the fanart. It should be 16 Blocks (HD)-fanart.jpg

I had a similar issue with the Ember Media Manager, so I don't let it create files, I only have it modify my existing .nfo's, .jpg's and .tbn's that I have already created and exported separately with XBMC.

Try renaming these 2 file and then do a refresh in the movie. It should recognize that they exist, and ask if you want to use the local info or from the internet.

Should note that movie.nfo should work, wiki says so, but not sure.
I'm a noob and still learning, but his folder structure looks like it has a "16 Blocks" folder with the movie and metadata inside (Z:\Films\16 Blocks). Because of that, the naming convention shouldn't matter. He should be able to simply title the file "fanart.jpg" and XBMC would use it.

At least that's how I understand the functionality.

That said, you still can't get rid of the XBMC scraper. XBMC should use your own metadata since the files exist, but the scraper will always be there as a backup.
I think you need to turn off using folder names for lookups. I read somewhere that if you turn this off, XBMC will look for the movie.nfo file.
tboooe Wrote:I think you need to turn off using folder names for lookups. I read somewhere that if you turn this off, XBMC will look for the movie.nfo file.

Wiki that I linked says " movie.nfo will override all and any nfo files in the same folder as the media files if you use the "Use foldernames for lookups" setting. If you don't, then moviename.nfo is used. "
sprite1 Wrote:I cannot seem remove the scapper from the right hand side and thus XBMC runs off and find its own media.
What is that supposed to mean to us boneheads?
You cannot get rid of the scraper and there is no need to, if you have proper nfo files, XBMC will use them (just make sure that Download actor thumbnails when adding to library is turned off in settings).
btw, why do you have multiple nfo files in the folder?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:btw, why do you have multiple nfo files in the folder?

AFAIK, thats just the way that Ember is configured by default to do it. You can have <moviename>.nfo, movie.nfo or both. Probably just trying to cover all bases, depending how XBMC is set up.
Hi and thanks for the comments and sorry i havnt been able to report back in a few days,

Thanks for clearing up the scraper section for me. I was just clutching at straws i guess and now know that that will not be going anywhere.

As for the file naming structure my error but i picked a real bad example of a screen shot as i was mucking about with 16 block's video pushing it through converters to see what i could up up with and changed the name of the moive after Ember had created the nfo's.
For the record the rest of my films are named corrected as pointed out by Tight_Wad

As for the duplicate/secondary nfo's that was just Ember Media Manager creating those, does one have to go or can they both stay?

mbbransc got my folder structure correct when he said,
Quote:I'm a noob and still learning, but his folder structure looks like it has a "16 Blocks" folder with the movie and metadata inside (Z:\Films\16 Blocks).

I have followed tboooe's advice below and then check libary for updates to no avail.
Quote:I think you need to turn off using folder names for lookups. I read somewhere that if you turn this off, XBMC will look for the movie.nfo file.

I have also tried sho solution by turning off 'Download actor thumbnails when adding to library'.

Thanks for the help so far guys, any further advice?
movie.nfo will override any other files if "Use Foldernames for Lookups" is enabled, otherwise it will look at moviname.nfo.

If the movies have already been added to the library, you will have to Refresh each movie individually (select the movie, press "I" and then Refresh)

If they haven't been added, then simply scanning for new items should do the trick. More on nfo's can be found here.
-stoli-
snowdrift Wrote:AFAIK, thats just the way that Ember is configured by default to do it. You can have <moviename>.nfo, movie.nfo or both. Probably just trying to cover all bases, depending how XBMC is set up.

Wrong! EMM use the most sane settings by default (and definitely just one nfo), but users tend to enable everything because for some reason they think the more checkbox checked is the better.

Ehh, clearly all artowork options are enabled as well.
stoli Wrote:movie.nfo will override any other files if "Use Foldernames for Lookups" is enabled, otherwise it will look at moviname.nfo.

If the movies have already been added to the library, you will have to Refresh each movie individually (select the movie, press "I" and then Refresh)

If they haven't been added, then simply scanning for new items should do the trick. More on nfo's can be found here.

Bingo! You gem. Right so the only quick way to do it on bulk would be to remove the source and re add. Can we set a scheduled 'i' 'reload'?
Or try Media Companion. I use this and haven't had any issues.

BUT, generally, I have movies that are avi, mkv or mp4 ...etc in the root folder of 'Movies', and any DVD movies are in their sub folders.
ie:
'Movies'
-Bad Boys.avi
-Twilight.mkv
--(Folder)Blade
--(Folder)VIDEO_TS
VTS_01_01.ifo
etc

and so on.

Media Companion will scrape everything. Haven't tried EMM since it went off-line.

Pls, this isn't who's best, Media Companion or EMM...Just an alternative option.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
sprite1 Wrote:Bingo! You gem. Right so the only quick way to do it on bulk would be to remove the source and re add. Can we set a scheduled 'i' 'reload'?

Nope - not yet anyway. Remove and re-add the source will do the trick though. Just be sure to do a clean after removing it.
-stoli-
sprite1 Wrote:Hi,

I'm currently using Ember Media Manager as recommended in the other section of the forum to create .nfo files for each of my films.

XBMC is the program you should use to create NFO's.

IMO there is little if any advantage to using a third party programs to create NFO's. You're wasting your time.

After all your movies are detected correctly export the library to individual files. The NFO's will be placed in the correct folder and you wont ever have a problem with movie detection again.
FishOil Wrote:XBMC is the program you should use to create NFO's.

IMO there is little if any advantage to using a third party programs to create NFO's. You're wasting your time.

After all your movies are detected correctly export the library to individual files. The NFO's will be placed in the correct folder and you wont ever have a problem with movie detection again.

Offering a different opinion...

In my experience it was quicker and easier to generate NFOs and all the artwork using Ember than when I tried it with XBMC. Ember correctly named the NFOs etc and placed them in the correct folders for me. I find it easier to check and process new material in Ember than XBMC.

Just my two cents.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop XBMC Scrapping and read NFO instead0