Locally saved movie trailers buffer repeatedly
System: Windows 7 / Dharma

My media is stored on a local server (gigabit ethernet) accessed by my HTPC. I have zero issues with media playback of any sort (bluray rips, 1080p mkv, etc).

However, today I decided to experiment with movie trailers. I downloaded a 720p .mov trailer from yahoo. It played fine on my desktop computer (both locally and over the network). However, when put into XBMC, it would buffer every 5-10 seconds for several seconds.

I then used Handbrake to convert the file to a basic x264 .mkv. Once again, the file played fine on my desktop (both locally and over the network). But as soon as I try to play it as a trailer in XBMC, it stutters/buffers repeatedly.

I tried enabling full screen trailers; this had no effect.

All other media continues to play properly (including the higher res movie itself Rolleyes )

Ideas?
If you have added a local trailer to a movie that was already in your library you need to go to that movie hit the "i" button for movie info and hit refresh/reload

Yours is still buffering because its still streaming from the net and not using your local you need to do the above first
>>X<<' Wrote:If you have added a local trailer to a movie that was already in your library you need to go to that movie hit the "i" button for movie info and hit refresh/reload

Yours is still buffering because its still streaming from the net and not using your local you need to do the above first

Perfect! I was confused because I did not have any net-streaming trailer set up previously (there was no trailer icon until I downloaded and saved the local trailer). Still not quite clear how it suddenly decided to start streaming from the net when I never set a location for it to stream from Huh but it works now and that's all that matters. Wink
You don't have to set a location XBMC scrapes trailers by default from hd-trailers.net your find the options for it in the set content window under settings as to why there was no trailer icon previously I guess will just remain a mystery Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locally saved movie trailers buffer repeatedly0