[ATV2] Media scanning issues
I picked up an ATV2 today, jailbroke it with greenpois0n RC6, and installed XBMC. I'm connected wirelessly to my WHS using SMB. I am noticing some very flaky behavior scanning my media collection. While trying to scan TV episodes, it would crap out every half hour or so - either lock up or throw a "network not accessible" error. I reset the ATV and tried scanning movies. It's been scanning for almost 2 hours and has only gotten through about 20.

I know that my network is the prime suspect, but I'm not having any issues with any of my other devices - including my original ATV with XBMC. When I manually stop the scan and play something it works fine, so I know there is a good connection between the ATV2 and the server. Is XBMC for the ATV2 just not very solid on scanning yet?
Try turning off your thumbnail generation. Go to System, Settings, Video, File Lists. And turn off "Extract thumbnails and video information". Then rescan. That worked for me and I still got all my box art, fan art, etc. So I'm not sure what I'm not getting, but after turning that setting off I was able to scan my entire collection.

HTH.
Another strategy that has worked out very well for me, is to install XBMC on a computer, do the initial scraping and metadata tweaking there, and then copy the database from the computer to the ATV. I have a pretty large library, and 3 ATVs. I just copied the database over to each of them, and saved myself a lot of aggravation.
like that last idea, where can i find the database files and where do i put it on the ATV2

Thanks
On the Mac, the path is ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/

I only copy over the files in the Database folder and the sources.xml since I use somewhat different settings for the advanced settings and so on between the ATVs.

On the ATV, the path is /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/

Not sure on Windows 7, since I haven't bothered to setup my PC with XBMC
Hmm interesting idea,

Okay came someone explain how to do this
Example: I want to see my itunes songs on my ATV via XBMC, so do I scan the actual directory of songs or itunes directory then save that Database and transfer to ATV or do I use windows SMB or UNP to do this?

Also what directory do I do this on the Windows 7, I found program files/xbmc/userdata is that it

Thanks all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Media scanning issues0